Brain fog (damage) thread

We are like somewhat functioning borderline zombies (blunted emotions) or like the documented LSD user’s who never ‘came back to earth’ after their drug trips (Syd Barrett-Pink Floyd founder) or even chemically lobotomized. I really believe in Doctor Deborah Finn’s research on those lab rat’s injected with propecia…they all came out with confirmed cognitive behavioral changes, benzo and alchohol withdrawal-like symptom’s!..safe to say that the rat’s are us.

The world does not seem real at all through my eyes any longer. I too have no motivation at all for even the most menial things.
My dick is good, but I could care less…I just want to be my old youthful, athletic, creative, good looking, happy go lucky self…

Friend’s can never tell I’m sick on the outside!

Robertino, how do you react to strenuous exercise? i think you should go down the CDnuts route if you haven’t tried to already but with a very strict exercise regime too. I know you are struggling for motivation but i am sure you can do it if you set an alarm in the morning and force yourself to get up and begin exercising. Your mental symptoms sound nothing short of hellish but you are also very lucky to have normal sexual functioning.

For two months treat your body like a temple and exercise until you are ready to pass out by 10 PM every night. If you don’t see any improvement then at least you can say you tried.

Try to get away from your Dad and surround your self with as much positivity as possible. Friends, your favored music, indulge in any hobbies that you are good at or enjoy.

I know this is all simple advice but mental symptoms HAVE been cured by people on these boards. Intense cardiovascular exercise 5 times per week would be a good place to start and depending on how you feel - you could go the full mile with diet and also weight training.

Hey guys,

I wanted to move this post into this thread and see what you guys think of this:

The one thing that I have noticed now, once I stopped fin, was that I get this stutter or slurring of speech happening once in a while. It usually occurs when I am speaking and I lose my train of thought, which happens alot now. I can kind of feel it coming on, so I just power through the conversation, but it feels like I am speaking a 100 miles/hour. It is almost as if I only have about 2 seconds lead on my thought process while I am speaking, if I stall or slow down, that time goes lower and I lose my train of thought and I sorta blank out.

It is super annoying and makes indepth conversation difficult.

Anyone else have this symptom?

I know this is all related to the slowed cognitive process that fin creates, but just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this.

Gino

I have words i cant say anymore, longer ones, i kind of stutter then slur :confused: . The other person must think im drunk or simple.

Dont so much loose my train of thought, but maybe have some sort of block between my mouth and brain.

new way to describe our condition - some creative writing for the lawsuit :slight_smile:

these post propecia use victim’s experience a seemingly permanent altered state of consciousness and state of awareness.

a very frightening condition where they all report that their minds are not the same post use.

The term you guys are looking for is brain damage. Slow, steady brain damage.

The lobotomy victim’s “sacrifice” was substantial. Psychiatrists Franz Alexander and Sheldon Selesnick noted that through psychosurgery:

"an area essential to the human being - his personality - is forever destroyed".

Technically, lobotomy refers to the surgical cutting of nerve connections between the frontal lobes and the rest of the brain. The frontal lobes are unique to human beings and are the seat of the higher functions such as love, conern for others, empathy, self-insight, creativity, initiative, autonomy, rationality, abstract reasoning, judgment, future planning, foresight, will-power, determination and concentration. Without the frontal lobes it is impossible to be “human” in the fullest sense of the word; they are required for a civilized, effective, mature life. Depending on the amount of damage done, the effect can be partial or relatively complete. In a complete lobotomy, the patient becomes obviously demented with the deterioration of all higher mental functions.

sntp.net/lobotomy/lobotomy.htm

How do you all feel about this? After reading Dr. Deborah Finn’s, CONFIRMED Finasteride induced behavioral changes on test subjects, this might not be too far fetched a comparison. Many of these ‘higher functions’ are indeed missing from many of us with mental impairment, or as a result of using finasteride. Could this be a form of lobotomy?

Depends what our neurosteroid levels are like, brain fog could be as simple(maybe not that simple) as an imbalance there.

Yes, I agree with you, but it could also be argued, that in some of us, certain hormone’s, enzyme’s, chemical’s, that were manipulated/lowered/altered (perhaps permanently), by finasteride, might also have caused nerve damage in some of us, which could potentially create a lobotomized state of reality in some…the question is how can we determine this? There are not many options.

One such easy test, would be to consume magnesium like a clump of raw spinach, and see if you notice any changes in cognition whatsoever.
After I personally consume some raw spinach, I usually feel better somewhat…thinking gets clearer and I seem to instantly benefit oddly enough. Never lasts though sadly…Magnesium is said to treat and benefit nerve damaged patients. Alex Miller, I believe hinted at this possibility of potential nerve damage at one point on this forum. I wonder whatever happened to this guy?

However, I and others on this forum, can probably agree, that what we suffer from on the daily, would closely resemble the description of a lobotomized individual. Completely changed and never the same. It’s startling and frightening at the same time!
I pray that the solution to this nightmarish condition comes to us soon.

I believe awors team are testing neurosteroids, so we should get an answer in regards to that in the near future.

Lobotomized Individual’s LACK the ability to:

love
concern for others
empathy
self-insight
creativity
initiative
autonomy
rationality
abstract reasoning
judgment,
future planning
foresight
will-power
determination and concentration.

“It is impossible to be “human” in the fullest sense of the word; these higher functions are required for a civilized, effective, and mature life.”

I, personally would add awareness and being disconnected with the moment.
:cry:

Sounds promising. Thank God.

Alex Miller posted on hairlosshelp and it was copied to this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2577&hilit=sclerosis

Thank you Martin. Is it at all possible trying to contact this person any longer? Any other avenues we could try? I believe he was a student…possibly invite him over to this forum as a guest? I do remember signing up on, that hairlosshelp forum some time ago, just to try to contact him. I sent him a private message and he never got back to me. No luck. Is Alex, long gone and just a passing thought? I would hope not. He seems like a very intelligent guy who was definitely on to something.

I wish there was some other way to reach him…

From his posts it seems like he was busy with another project. Last one I saw was posted in 2009.

1 Like

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst - my brain fog is now probably a 2 or 3, compared to a 10 when at its very worst. I’ve not done anything to alleviate this really, just time off the drug (16 months) has improved things substantially.

Still have a whole host of other shit wrong with me but brainfog has definitely improved.

brainmind.com/FrontalLobes.html

There is also some evidence for functional laterality in regard to sexual automatisms and abnormal sexual behavior. In most instances, “sexual” seizures are associated with right frontal seizure foci (Joseph 1988a; Spencer et al. 1983). However, patients may also become hyposexual (Greenblatt 1950; Miller et al. 1986), especially with left frontal injuries, and/or experience genital pain with left temporal seizures (Leutmezer et al., 1999).

something to do with the left frontal injuries…interesting

As Gino has stated, I have problems with stuttering that I never did have before using Finasteride.

I do not know if what I state next should be in another thread, so if it should, please, let me know.

I have a problem realizing that something has been either spoken aloud by myself or that that something was my inner monologue!

Another way to creatively describe this condition to a journalist or reporter, would be that of comparing ourselves to somnambulist’s. Sleepwalkers, or sleepwalking through this life, and detached from reality in a very odd and frightful impaired way. Perhaps, in a constant dream like frightfully detached state, in which we no longer are able to process the world around us as we used to, and our processing of the world around us, has been completely changed
and impaired.

Language is a very useful and powerful way to project ourselves not as ‘depressed’ dope’s’, but real men who are actually living through a hellish cognitively impaired experience, which we cannot wake from every day we rise.