The missing link: Pituitary, i am 100% sure my problem is here AND MIGHT EXPLAIN SOME OF US

Hi BostonUsa,

I agree. Pituitary definetely plays a role on this. My prolactin level is mid range (normal), though. I am posting a more elaborate explanation about what i think happened to our pituitay gland.
I have many signs of Hipopituitarism:

• Gh deficiency
  • LH and FSH bottom range
  • Low T

correiovip,

Was your Total T low or both Free and Total low? The strange thing about this, is so many of us have such different levels on the Total and Free T.

There was a 23 year old guy that posted yesterday and his Total T was extremely low, yet his free T was very high. It was actually outside of his range. My Total is a high total for my age, but free T is low.

I’ll be getting blood test results on the 19th and will post them. I will be curious to see what the Prolactin level is.

This is a line of events of what i think has happened to me:

1. Propecia inhibits 5arII
  2. 5arII in pituitary gland are inhibited
  3. Our pituitary becomes insensitive to respond to T because of that
  4. We become hipopituitary
  5. LH and FSH levels fall
  6. T levels fall
  7. GH levels fall for some
  8. Adrenals try to compensate for the sudden hormone decline, causing adrenal fatigue
  9. we are kept in a state of low hormones and 5arII inactivity

Why some guys are prone to have post propecia syndrome:
We might have predominantely 5arII in our pituitary glands and most men probably have both 5arI and 5arII. So they don´t become hipopituitary because Propecia only inhibits 5arII.

Why TRT doesn´t seem to work for us:
Because 5arII is not responding to T stimuli in whole body
Evidence: low 3Adiol G levels

Why attempts of restarting HPTA axis that work for bodybuilders have not worked for us:
Bodybuilders have their 5arII working in their pituitary glands. So when a higher Testosterone level is induced (via HCG, for example), Pituitary gland “jump starts” as 5arII is receiving the sign of T.

How to reverse this:

1. Bring T levels to top pf range(HCG for example).
  2. A 5arII stimulant drug (we need to find something safe to do this)
  3. Growth hormone supplementation for a short period of time, to ensure recovery of 5arII in cells.

My blood tests are in the Hormone and blood tests area.
My total T is low but my Free T is high.

This thread is fascinating as it makes all the sense in the world. I just visited my Endo today and she said the same thing. This is almost certain do do with the pituitary and potentially Adrenals being exhausted.

Has ANYONE had any success with this route, has anyone followed up with @correiovip and seen what his ultimate results we’re? Anyone else have any theories on this?

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m resurrecting this thread.

I think you might be onto something here. For the record, I took Accutane but I believe the syndrome is similar/the same for most of us.

I just went through all my blood test results from the past couple years, here they are:

SHGB - 29.7 nmol/L - 7.2-100.0
Prolactin - 8.41 ng/mL - 2.6-13.1
Free T4 - 1.06 ng/dL - .60-1.60
E2 - <20 pg/mL - 0.0-47.0
FSH - 2.1 mlUnit/mL - 1.27-19.26
TSH - 1.59 mclUnit/mL - .30-5.0
Cortisol(AM) - 5.7 mcg/dL - 5.0-23.0
Free T3 - 3.99 pg/mL - 2.39-6.79
LH - 2.6 mlUnit/mL - 1.24-8.62
Free T - 15 ZZ - 9-30
Total T - 669 ZZ - 240-950
DHEA - 5.5 ZZ - <13
GH - .08 ZZ - .01-.97

ZZ = no units given (literally how it was written on results)

Notice: LH, TSH, GH, FSH… all PITUITARY hormones are LOW.

Has anybody else pursued this? HPTA axis restart?

I just wanted to point this out and hopefully get it some more attention.

2 Likes

a lot of people have attempted Hpta restart on here. Seems results vary by person but people with “true” pfs usually don’t respond. I’ve been offered clomid by a doctor for this purpose but have only read on this website that it doesn’t work so I never tried.

1 Like

Did you test your igf-1 levels too? Or HGH, i think we with not full classic PFS have this problem. I think i just realized i wasted my whole life because i acted out so late… I just realized a test i done at the age of 19 my igf-1 was 170ng-ml.

The normal range of a 19 year old should be 400 ng-ml! I fucked my life up by not treating myself early with HGH… Jesus christ. I just want to die now. @Lostinaustin