The missing link: Pituitary, i am 100% sure my problem is here AND MIGHT EXPLAIN SOME OF US

Wow, i am ecstatic… i just found out what may be the main cause of my problems, just don’t know how to treat it yet. This theory may have been posted before i apologize if it is no news, but due to depression i don’t come here often. Please read about OXYTOCIN and VASOPRESSING as these hormones produced by the Pituitary might be the cause of our braing fog, orhostatic hypotension (VASOPRESSIN) and lack of spontaneous erections (oxytocin)
This is not a diagnosis made from a doctor as no one believes me as my test results come pretty normal except FSH and LH that always come low. I KNOW this is the problem with me, never felt sure about the DHT theory (and don’t discard it may have a role as well), but this makes way too much sense.

Please read this, it is like describing myself, from lack of libido to “diabetes insipidus (not related to diabetes melitus)” , to lack of sense of well being, it is all there!!!:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypopituitarism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

First how i feel:

• No spontaneuos erections (T range in 600)
  • No libido
  • Major depression
  • behavior changes: agressiviness, no trust in anybody, no conection to anybody.
  • Bloating
  • brain fog

Hormones produced by Pituitary:

ANTERIOR PITUITARY

• ACTH (comes in range on my results)
  • TSH (comes in range on my results)
  • PROLACTIN (comes to high on results)
  • Growth Hormone!!! (i never tested it, and thought it s role was only related to youth and cell renovation, but no, it is linked to glicemia in this way - hyperglicemia inhibits GH production - maybe our level is lower than what it used to be, and it might explain in part why we don’t feel well eating a lot of sugar.
  • ENDORPHINS !!! READ THIS : “Endorphins are endogenous opioid polypeptide compounds. They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during strenuous exercise [1],[2], excitement, and ORGASM[3]; and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a sense of WELL-BEING.” So this is why i feel my orgasm doens t FEED my brain… When i ejaculate, the prostate does not send enough stimulus to the Pituitary and it may not produce enough endorphin giving me well being. BUT, when i run, i get some of that well being, so i feel the prostate is involved in the orgasm issue. About the running issue, this is the only time i feel more like my self, after i run for about 30 min. It is well known that running produces endorphins, event known as “Runner’s high” So the Pituitary is not producing enough endorphin on a regular basis as it used to do, unless i STIMULATE it, by running.

FSH and LH (always come very low on my results):

What i never understood is how come these hormones come low (1.2 on scale from 1 to 10) and my t comes normal range. This might explain it and might explain Adrenal Fatigue as well. Some of that Testosterone may be being produced by my ADRENAL GLANDS, yes, i never thought this is possible but it is. In this effort to compensate the lower t production from my testes (wich are not being stimulated from the Pituitary by LH) you wear out your adrenal glands. Also, if as some of your T now comes from your Adrenals you feel much less libido, cause the adrenal is highly involved in sugar and carbohidrate metabolism. It is too much for your Adrenals at the same time! So it takes priority in digestion and you have no libido!

but the real surprise for me is here:
OXYTOCIN (produced by the posterior pituitary):

“Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin’s role in various behaviors, including social recognition, bonding, anxiety, trust, and maternal behaviors. OXYTOCIN is known to act as a NEUROTRANSMITTER IN THE BRAIN”. Does that explain brain fog or what?
“Murphy et al. (1987), studying men, found that oxytocin levels were raised throughout sexual arousal and there was no acute increase at orgasm. [4] A more recent study of men found an increase in plasma oxytocin immediately after orgasm.”

Actions of oxytocin within the brain
Sexual arousal. Oxytocin injected into the cerebrospinal fluid causes spontaneous erections in rats,[9] reflecting actions in the hypothalamus and spinal cord. (this is why we feel no link with our penis!!! it is missing oxytocin in the blood and spinal cord doesn t get it!!!)

What about this:
ADH, ANTI DIURECT hormone (produced by posterior pituitary) also know as VASOPRESSIN
That explains bloating and changes in blood pressure and headaches.

IT IS ALL HERE, All the symptoms relate to THE EXACT SAME hormones produced by the Pituitary.

Now, the explanation why the Pituitary isn’t realeasing proper amounts of hormones: Finasteride induced abnormal levels of Testosterone by blocking the conversion from t to dht. This, disrupted the HPTA axis, just as what happens to a bodybuilder. The difference from us to a body builder who has hypogonadism is the extent of damage. Bodybuilders take hormones in Cycles like a week flooding the body with external T then months of rest. We were inducing a high level of T for WEEKS or MONTHS and then the body interpreted this as the pituitary is sending too much hormones to the testes, “let s lower production of LH”. When that happens, the HPTA axis is broken or damaged FOR GOOD. I believed mine is damaged, that is why i still have "normal T’ (i am sure it used to be higher before). Second part: Body builders take T in cycles, so that does not stress the Pituitary as much as what happened with us. So their T production might be slightly reduced, but the gland still produces Oxytocin and Vasopressin in regular amounts, so that is why our syptoms differ from a bodybuilder. FINASTERIDE PRETTY MUCH BURNED OUR PITUITARY GLANDS, SO WE HAVE LOWERED ENDORPHINS, OXYTOCIN, AND VASOPRESSIN. This was actually a defense from the body, just like in an eletric wiring, when it overheats one button shuts down to protect the whole system.

WHEN WE QUIT FIN, IN AN EFFORT TO REGAIN HOMEOSTASIS, OUR ADRENAL GLANS are the ones that were over stressed. So we had panic attacks and burts of anger as the cortisol production was jumping high and low.

I can’t believe no endocrinologist could see this. It is too obvious! The problem is much simpler than we think. It is no poisoning, no DHT gene, it is OXYTOCIN, VASOPRESSIN AND ENDORPHINS. For those with more severe cases, it includes testosterone too, if the HPTA AXIS was completely destroyed.

And OXYTOCIN can be replaced, there are drug in the market for this. I am going to follow this track, the details might be wrong but it seems too obvious to me.

Unfortunately it does not seem easy to replace oxytocin. I believe if we could replace it we would have again spontaneous erections and libido. Well, i am going to keep reading about this, and meanwhile i am going to improve my exercise routine to increase Endorphins and GH. Hopefully it will stimulate oxytocin and vasopressin through exercise.

nicely done

I just can say that my doc gave my acth by enjections and my erections and libido are better…(my acth was inside the range)

If your Prolactin is high, try Cabergoline. It’s been used off-label to treat sexual dysfunction caused by anabolic steroid use and SSRI use.

You really think that it is “broke for good?” Damaged or hurt yes, but I don’t think that it is shot out completely. The difference between an electrical circuit and us, is that we can regenerate, an electrical circuit can’t. Going on this train of thought, we need to figure out how to get our pituatary gland to start sending out the correct amount of hormones. I don’t think that it is damaged for good. The human body is amazing at healing if given the correct conditions for a decent amount of time.

This is just a side thought, but if high T shut down our pituatary, wouldn’t low T start it up again?

Pretty interesting, high T inducing a shutdown of the HPTA and pituitary. I always considered Oxytocin a hormone of interest, particularly its function and that GHB increases it. A bit confusing to me how the non-androgen related aspect of the pituitary would be affected by an increase in T, but I guess it’s due to it being the same gland.

We seem to pretty much have the same symptoms. Definitely worth engaging further, yes.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Cdnuts, i wasn’t clear enough when i wrote “broken for good”. It depends, each person is different and the extent of damage varies. When i say broken for good, i mean it will not work by itself, spontaneously, the way it used to, no matter what we do. It may recover a little bit, but still not perfect. This is what happens to bodybuilders and these consequences are well known. Now, i don’t know if there is a way of stimulating the pituitary to work properly again. What i know is some of these hormones can be replaced with injections. I am going to look for a new doctor, if anybody knows of a good endocrinologist who listens to the patient in the Boston area, i appreciate the help.

Hey bro, if you make any progress, or find a good doctor, please let me know, because I’m in the Boston area too.
Btw, who prescribed you the Propecia if you dont mind me asking, was it Dr. Lester? Because I am going to have to talk to my dermatologist sooner or later about this and tell him it is criminal.

Peace

not sure if it has been posted here, probably has but i’ll post the link anyway.

www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour … 7/abstract

this theory does in fact make a tremendous amount of sense.

So how do we increase this?

The only drugs I found that can increase levels of Oxytoxcin are basically synthetic forms of the drug like Pitcoin. Nevertheless, these drugs are by injection only or as a nasal-spray only, and are very exclusive. Unless you’re about to go into labor, the chances of getting synthetic Oxytocin are slim.

This is a developing theory–what can we do to increase Oxytocin (naturally or not naturally [i.e., the aide of drugs])?

GHB :smiley:

there may be other drugs that work as well, but I’m not certain and haven’t looked into it as of yet. When I was on my regime of xyrem/ghb I remember the feeling when taking it that my sexual function, health, and other functions increased while on it. I’m not sure if it’s even possible to increase naturally. This whole thing with the prostate is very intresting though. the one thing about this theory and the study i posted is perhaps it’s possible if it is more of a chicken and egg theory where the problem is with the prostate sending out these signals.

Hah–if only GHB weren’t a schedule 1 drug in the USA… :stuck_out_tongue:.

Is there a way to boost DHT production? In other words, where is the enzyme 5 alpha reductase formed in the body (i.e. blood, liver, pituitary, thyroid) and how can we increase the amount of this to equol our pre finasteride states?

You can boost DHT with drugs like oxandrolone and trenbolone… but these are illegal and can cause their own onslaught of problems.

I should have been more specific. Any natural ways to boost 5AR/DHT?

hey boston,

No, it was not Dr. Lester. But hey, the doctors were fooled into this just as we were… they believed the numbers from Merck just the way we did… I do have days that i feel angry towards my doctor, but it isn’t worth it. If you intend to talk to him about this to prevent him to prescribe this drug to others, i would say go for it. Other than that, it will only bring more pain. i’ll keep you posted about any improvements.

I will have my hormones tested on Thursday, and will ask the doctor to investigate PANHYPOPITUITARISM. I 'll not mention propecia for now (i think doctors don’t believe this). If the diagnosis is correct, the treatment will be:

• GH (to fix GH deficiency)
  • Testosterone replacement if needed (if T shows low now)
  • T4 (for thyroid) (to compensate TSH deficiency)
  • Hidrocortisone (for Adrenals) (to compensate ACTH deficiency)

This is the conventional treatment fo PanHypopituitarism. Hopefully the the increase of GH and testosterone will increase Oxytocin and endorphins. I ll keep the results posted. This week has been awful, a lot of fatigue, no energy, hopefully i ll have a diagnosis this time.

You need to investigate your prolactin if it is indeed high. What was the measurement on your prolactin?

I am getting it tested next week. I’ll post the results here.