The hours leading to your crash

Can you please tell us? I was surprised and furious too for learning that several have crashed after a night out drinking. Makes me think whether my life would have been so different had i not gone out that night…!?

So as you know by now, my crash happened on a morning after drinking, i woke up very horny but somehow my penis felt different, i had A problem in getting an erection despite my high libido, i remember i ejaculated within seconds without getting fully erect. To my surprise, i was still horny, and i wanted to see what is going on here!! I tried again, again i came in within a minute or so… Which has never happened to me particularly on the second round. My penis became less sensitive, cold, and the rest is history…

I think it is important for us to collect these info as well.,

I drank New Years Eve and a little on New Years Day. Crashed Jan 2nd although in hindsight there were warning signs on Jan 1. I also had a bit of stress in the period leading up to it.

I also had a weird nightmare before waking up on Jan 2 and I never have them. Something weird was going on in my brain.

I assure you drinking had noting to do with it. Also the stress you felt prior was a warning sign. I had it to… Normal stuff making me feel stress. Also leasing up to it I had fatigue building that I didn’t associate in time. I think it was pretty much to late. You were going to crash drinking or not.

Many people have crashed after drinking. That was the 2nd time I had drank in almost a year, so it would be pretty coincidental.

The stress I had for a while. It was just a stressful period for me, even pre-fin. Now the stuff I was stressing about is obviously off my mind and seems stupid considering the situation I’m now in.

We need to establish what makes people crash, what makes people’s symptoms better or worse, etc. Suggesting that everything is inevitable and just blows with the wind isn’t helpful.

I agree with Bens. let us keep this thread free from opinions. We are just collecting data. Would love to have 50 responses. if you think it is a waste of time, i understand, but please do not waste your time and argue here…

Okay then what your saying is now a fact and what I say just happens to be an opinion all of a sudden. I am telling you, at least in my case, drinking had nothing to do with it. There are people on here that say they got better from drinking!!! I guess they should STFU to? Its ironic how you cry about censorship but then when someone else has a different experience then yours you are quick to jump on the censorship bandwagon. There are way to many guys that crash after 1 - 10 pills. Do you think they were sucking them down with vodka? Get real man, user your brain or whatever is left of it. Bens I guess you deserve a life long affliction. Since you took the drug with alcohol…???

I have read some people state that alcohol helps them temporarily. I don’t think it would help anyone long term.

Many people have noticed a connection between alcohol use and crashing. We need to use this forum to share data and learn what we can about this disorder.

This has nothing to do with what we deserve or blaming ourselves because we drank alcohol. I didn’t even drink while on the drug. It was almost 7 weeks later.

I can tell you without a doubt there is no correlation. Do guys not listen to the podcasts? There was a story of a 14 year old that got prescribed FIN and got PFS… You guys are just wasting time with trying to make connections that don’t exist. I took an ibuprofen for muscle pain before I crashed. It must be related to that, No!

I did hard aerobic sports 8 hours before the crash, and had sex 6 hours before the crash. During the sports I noticed that my performance was lower than normal.

My crash was horrible, penis was totally unfunctional and cold, testicles shrinked. However I could ran as long as I wanted without getting tired. I instinctively did not eat anything during the crash, and it passed after 1,5 days. However after I ate a big lunch, the symptoms came back more severe for 1 day.

1 Like

I had about 5 days worth of drinking (spring break) prior to my crash. Literally arrived home on a Sunday night felt like a truck hit me (out of nowhere I got 100% exhausted), woke up Monday morning sick and with a penis that did not work and was numb.

I also drank a lot of grapefruit juice while taking saw palmetto the week prior. Cant help but think the grapefruit juice made the SP worse.

By the time I crashed I was drinking little or no alcohol.

this is not a thread about alcohol. Can you tell us what you did before you crashed? I am hot trying to prove anything, just collecting data.

It is curious that for some of us it happened after alcohol, and alcohol affects our condition, but that discussion is for another thread. Here we are interested in anything you have done before the crash. If it was a normal day, just say normal day.

List of useful questions (my answers):

• what time did it happen? (Morning-ish after waking up with hangover)
  • how did you find out that something happened? (Following masturbation)
  • what did you do hours leading up to the crash (drinking then sleeping)
  • was this a stressful period? (Not extremely, but did go through bad stress and anxiety a week before)

i remember one day feeling this terrible feeling inside,its hard to explain really,i suppose it would be like watching someone you were very close to get murdered in front of your eyes or something simillar,i felt this terrible emptiness,a feeling of pure doom come over me,i felt dead inside,like something had sucked the life force from me,and a very strong metalic taste in my mouth which later i was to find out is caused by a major hormonal shift,around the time leading up to this i was under a lot of pressure at work and the woderful woman i had met a few year earlier had suddenly started flying a broomstick,so i was getting it on both fronts,the stress was unbearable,on top of that id upped my dose from 1mg to 1.25 mg per day some weeks before this,i know some say the dose doesnt matter but i reckon thats pure shite,i truly believe it was upping my dose that fucked me up,i had taken fin for 3 years without any problems until i upped the dose then all hell broke loose,as for the alcohol i have never been a big drinker but used to enjoy a drink,i remeber what that first drink on a friday night would be like,my first pint would give me a great buzz and make me feel on top of the world,i can drink two or more pints now and feel nothing,if i carry on drinking the feeling i get is not pleasurable,it just makes me feel shitty so for that reason i dont drink anymore…

I didn’t crash. Side effects from Propecia just got worse until the day I quit, and they stayed. However, there’s definitely something with alcohol. I’ve been on and off TRT for years, and drinking usually causes a crash. There has been a couple of times where heavy drinking has increased libido the day after, but that’s rare.

I had the extreme priviledge of crashing twice. The first one was a week after quitting. I recovered quickly after quitting. Was really horny for a couple of daya then I woke up to bad anxiety and complete impotence. Insomnia and confusion set in also. These sides all tapered off after about 6 weeks and I was back to.normal.

I went on holiday, had a great time came home refreshed and had forgotten the rotten previous two months. It didn’t last.

I felt the previous sides slowly return. Bad testicular pain and Anxiety were the first markers. I started feeling more and more run down as the days passed. I went training one evening and the same night while I was sleeping I crashed like a meteorite. Much harder than the first one.

I woke up in the middle of the night to Ears ringing, vomitting, so weak I could barely stand. Difficult to describe the depths to which I plunged.

Before my crash I notice a drop in body temp, I start laughing again and my mood improves, then that night I can’t sleep and my twitching comes back. Can anyone input on whether the crashes become less frequent, thanks.

for me, crashes have always been a good indicator of overall health. I crash less and recover much quicker if I am in a good place. At the beginning I had a lot of severe, debilitating, longer crashes that took my baseline lower. Now I notice my baseline isn’t affected by crashes and I haven’t had one in months.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Quest that’s given me something positive to focus on.

1 Like