The heart and low magnesium

I’m sure this disease has taken more lives than bysuicide alone. If my testicular cancer had not been successfully treated in 2006 I would have been long gone. This would not have been linked to fin. A number of our symptoms can be tied to low magnesium levels. In the long-term if left untreated it can lead to heart problems, cardiac arrest. I have all of the signs of such a problem. Like many I suffered the hallmarks of a drop in mangesium via a rapid onset. These particular sides became intermittent, unfortunately they are now with me constantly in the form of muscle cramps, bone pain, continued atrophy across all tissues, digestive issues, headaches, Irregular heart rhythm. Other effects of low magnesium can be insomnia, anxiety, gum, teeth issues dry skin, ridged nails, tinnitus which I’ve had for years. Unfortunately in my case with the continued worsening of receptors I feel like I could have a fatal attack any time soon. I often thought I’d finally succumb to the extreme anxiety, anhedonia horrific emotional stuff but think it will be via the ticker instead, my heart which has always been very strong and healthy . I’m posting this so that, if I drop down dead it’s because if fin and not stress related. As can see those outside of my Pfs life will want to normalise the event giving Merck another brush under the carpet. To note I’ve been having fainting like episodes and rhythmic problems on a daily basis of late. It corrects itself as I’m about to pass out, this can’t be sustained. Intervention would be to take magnesium which in my case makes things a lot worse I took half a capsule a month or so ago and had a seizure like event in bed I later found out that this is another symptom of the said deficiency.

1 Like

Keep your head up buddy! When was the last time you tried a magnesium supplement ? What about having it as a liquid form - I currently use the flora did magnesium and it’s good .

Maybe doing some power walking for a good length (3-4 miles ) or some running for 20-30 minutes to help with the ticker?

1 Like

*Floradix

1 Like

@Forwardsnotbackwards cheers I push through and do daily walks and even weights every other day despite the pain I try to hang on too what muscle remains,. V painful as palms are like skin and bone, no padding anywhere. I can’t run though. Bones feel to brittle and knee caps are v painful as well as surrounding bone. I think my ticker is relying on my previous level of fitness. Every magnesium supp has whacked me since about 4 years ago, I used to pop zma regularly. I took half a capsule of mag citrate “I think” a month ago and it causes me shit, everything even in the smallest of amounts is destructive. Even 2my of melatonin had a similar effect. I’ve become sensitive to everything. My neck is cracking all of the time too. I’m bought some Epsom salts to see if I can absorb it better through the skin. 2 days ago I had 1 stem of asparagus and my muscles filled, I felt my presence not like a ghost then it fell apart. It’s just insane. Anyway thanks for the advice and support