The Darkness is Winning - my new YouTube channel about PAS

Thanks. I’ve subscribed to it, and will be sure to watch it later when I get a chance.Have you also posted about this on the “Repairing the long-term damage from accurate” thread at acne.org by any chance?

2 Likes

Welcome, @forgotten_dreams! If you haven’t yet, please consider participating in our survey. We are behind schedule for people who took Accutane, so it would be great if you could help us by participating. Please see here for more information: Post-Drug Syndrome Survey FAQ. Survey NOW LIVE - Please Participate

1 Like

A silly video about a serious subject. Because laughter is the best medicine… apart from Accutane of course :wink: oh and Propecia

@forgotten_dreams I haven’t put anything on acne.org. Tbh I find that long thread kind of daunting and unapproachable, but maybe it’s worth me overcoming that to connect with victims who aren’t on here. It’s a shame we’re all so scattered.

8 Likes

This is amazing!

2 Likes

Awesome! 10/10. A must see for anyone considering Accutane. Not sure how much time you put into making this, but it was well worth it!

2 Likes

Thanks people! I wanted to make something a bit more shareable than my other long videos. I know it’s fairly rough and ready, but hopefully it works for what it is.

I’d be happy for someone with greater artistic/technical/whatever skills than me to polish it up if they liked the concept.

@Dubya_B, I wrote the script a few weeks back and have just been sitting on it. Had a free day yesterday and decided, you know what, I’m going to make this thing. Hashed out the drawings, stitched it all together, hey presto!

5 Likes

Its great that you decided to be a public face of PAS. I think its reassuring to see a normal, good looking guy that is secretly impotent due to accutane, its something that I can relate to all too well. If I saw you at a bar, or in some other public setting I would assume that youre a normal young man leading a healthy romantic and sexual life just like everybody else, but seeing that this actually isnt the case and that you are suffering in silence makes me think about just how many other guys (and gals) are out there that appear to be leading normal lives but are suffering in silence just like us. Im really glad that you decided to make your channel, keep up the good work man

9 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. If I can help to humanise this condition, then that’s great. Anyway, I’m going to keep on putting myself out there.

5 Likes

wow, just brilliant

2 Likes

Latest vid is a conversation between @Dubya_B and I. A very interesting chat which I’m very grateful to have had.

We talk about our respective stories leading up to, during and after Accutane, as well as sharing reflections on some of the wider issues surrounding Accutane/Propecia/SSRI victimisation.

Many thanks to Dubya for agreeing to this.

20 Likes

Agreed! An absolutely great conversation. It’s difficult to cover 20 years of PAS in a short time and be thorough.

Perhaps another video in the coming months to hear more of your continuing story and touch-upon some of the less personal aspects of the PAS realm.

10 Likes

Thanks for putting yourselves out there guys.

8 Likes

Tremendous courage in coming forward and talking so openly about what has happened to you in public. I’m so sorry you had to experience that at such a young age @Dubya_B. Thanks for making the video.

7 Likes

Shared it on my PSSD campaigning Twitter. Anyone written about PFS on medium? I just wrote an article including PSSD that I will upload soon. Medium is a popular self publishing platform. Keep up the good campaigning.

2 Likes

This article has a lot of likes on medium

3 Likes

Can you link to your Twitter, here? Are you maybe interested in working on projects with our site? We are generally on look out for people who are good at socials and publicity.

3 Likes

I don’t know if am good at Twitter or publicity but I am happy to help. I shared this interview on my Twitter here

And the medium article I wrote on PSSD here

Are you on twitter? Might be a good idea to share all these videos on all social media platforms and use hashtags.

I plan on making a video as well eventually.

Dear forgotten_dreams,

I am glad to hear you may want to volunteer for videos. Please note that we are working on a series of videos with PFS patients that will be expanded to PSSD and PAS patients once we have established our case that these conditions are related/identical.

Please read this guide and consider getting in touch with the designated staff.

Thank you!

Hi mate

I took my videos down a long while ago, I just wasn’t comfortable with the way I expressed myself. It’d be an effort for me even to track down the password for that account. Being a Youtuber just wasn’t for me, though I think it is certainly worthwhile if you think you’ve got the stamina, you can reach a lot of people on there. But I would rather keep my own efforts memory holed. I would no longer feel comfortable standing by what I said or how I said it. I hope you understand.