The brain, is this possible?

Hi guys,

I’ve been getting acute pains in the left frontal cortex, I’d describe it like a blade being turned into the brain tissue. My left eye is also very painful especially when I look to the left this is in addition to the pain in the socket itself which is probably down to loss of cartilage. My face and gum tissue have been hit hard, I have a hooded eye too. It seems like my left side has been hit the worst. I’m suffering from visual disturbances and a dramatic deteriation in my sight. Does anyone have any ideas, I worry that the brain is suffering shrinkage which would explain the continued widespread cognitive decline. I had a brain scan in 2015 which was unremarkable. Is it possible that PFS can cause this level of damage.???

1 Like

Well, first off I don’t know, so this is guesswork.

The sensation may not be related to any damage. The body can send messages around that don’t mean anything of significance. You could have a trapped nerve that manifests pain some distance away from the actual source of the problem. I think a lot of back pain comes from a problem with a nerve in the leg, for example.

What you’re saying about sides is however something I can relate to, I’ve had aches and pains that always affect my left side. I don’t know why that would be the case.

I have found that on occasion I’m very aware of difficulty focusing and motivating myself. Those occasions come and go. I don’t think (hope) it’s part of a physical change, just that all the messages aren’t being sent/received.

As always, get it reported and checked out if you’re worried.

1 Like

Thanks @Greek puts my mind at rest to a degree.

1 Like

I can imagine it’s very scary, it’s good that you shared it.

One thing you can say is that if we were able to point at something measurable then getting diagnosed would be much easier. The fact that brain damage and shrinkage hasn’t been found elsewhere (afaik) means it’s at least not something which is common with people here. Most of the other symptoms are commonly experienced by a good amount of people.

Chin up mate.

1 Like

The the brain itself does not contain pain receptors in the classical sense , but the tissues surrounding it do.

I’m only mentioning the possibility of intracranial hypertension because it can lead to visual disturbances, a feeling of pressure behind the eye, and some PFS patients have been DX’d.

Another member who has recently related issues which led me to remember this:

I’m not sure if intracranial hypertension can be DX’d by brain scan, or if it requires a lumbar puncture for a definitive DX.

1 Like

Hey guys! It requires a lumbar puncture because in case its due to Fin it would rather be pseudotumor cerebri which means intracranial hypertension without compression of cerebral structures because of mass effect. But in case its not resolving I would recommend to do also a MRI to exclude other pathologies. Hope you are getting better soon

1 Like