The Ants & the Grasshopper

Eric, your approach is very wrong. There’s only donations in your head. I don’t understand your mockery of people trying to heal because they want to live somehow. Hcg has saved many lives, but donations have not so far. I haven’t sent any donations myself yet, but when I can work, I will definitely do so. Research is very important, but you can’t expect that the more people donate money, the sooner we’ll find a cure. You have to change your approach a bit because it may happen that in 10 years, after all your efforts, you will find that there is no cure.

4 Likes

Trains bro it’s not hopeless. More money means more researchers. I want out of this situation ASAP, I’m sure you’re the same. But to say more donations won’t speed up a cure is incorrect. You need to snap out of that mentality, it’s not good. Keep up the hope.

Yes, but Erik does it in an insistent way, even attacking other people personally. Well, unless these people are lying, which I doubt, seeing Erik’s offensive attitude. Using mockery at people who want to improve and perhaps do not even have money for donations, because not everyone has a business, which can somehow function financially. It’s childish. I will not reply to this thread anymore. I have expressed my opinion.

5 Likes

I deleted some back-and-forth and inappropriate comments on this thread.

I understand that emotions run high quickly concerning discussions on this disease and the urgency of funding for research developments.

Let’s try and respect each other and that there will be differences in both the capacity and willingness of people to donate.

5 Likes

Obviously, for anyone who in any way has a very limited financial capacity it’s understandable that they are not dedicating their scarce resources to donations. I don’t think this category of people was specifically the target of this little fable.

Simultaneously, the simple truth is that the situation will not move forward without the funding required to figure out accurately and absolutely, what the problem is.
People are, quite simply and frankly, not going to cure themselves, especially not with the same old treatments that I have seen people spend hundreds, thousands on, that have been tried again and again.

My faith is that once the first community-funded research efforts have been completed and the results have been publicized, we will see an increase in good faith and willingness from patients who were previously unwilling.

A huge thanks to everyone who donated at any point, no matter how small the contribution, your efforts are enormously appreciated.

7 Likes

It becomes more and more a fight between research for a cure and recovery with hcg.

Them who donate for science, maybe have to wait long and join awarness campains and them who prefer self medication, deny donations as useless and keep their faces hide. Not all, there are many doing all. Donate, going public and “recover with hcg”

This clash, only benefits the finasteride and hcg producer. After all the same company.

MERCK!

They get money for finasteride and after pfs the sell their own victims their pregnyl and Ferrings brevactid. There are no legal generics, only fakes and licenses from

MERCK.

And as more people fight against awarness and reseach for recognition of a pfs biomarker as more

MERCK

has nothing to fear from class acts and private trails and isn’t forced to bann their finasteride from the market.

I’m sure a Merck Organon compliance officer are checking propecia help sometimes

“Are this ideots waking up! Are any initiatives tangeting us!” And show us the sticky finger. If so, feel my arm in …ok censored myself.

No fight against MERCK, they destroyed our lifes!?

1 Like

The target of this post are the cohort of people who sit on the sidelines criticising and subverting the positive initiatives of others, because any acknowledgement of the absence of any current treatment or cure for this condition flies in the face of their delusion that they can experiment their way out.

There is no excuse for spreading doom and subverting our efforts. We do not know enough about this condition to make pronouncements. It is irresponsible and pathetic to go out of one’s way to sabotage what others are doing to get out of this.

Some of us are going to great lengths, financially and socially, to move the needle. Sacrificing our anonymity and getting family and friends to donate etc.

it may happen that in 10 years, after all your efforts, you will find that there is no cure.

Maybe, maybe not. But even if there is a 1% chance of a cure in that timeframe (I believe this is much higher), then it is a worthwhile venture.

you can’t expect that the more people donate money, the sooner we’ll find a cure

If there is a cure/treatment to be found then more money will mean we find it sooner. This is literally how research works. No money = no research = 100% certainly of no cure.

There’s only donations in your head

I don’t think launching a study with world leading AIS/Cancer researchers is in anyones head.

Hcg has saved many lives, but donations have not so far

:man_facepalming:
In that case, why bother investing in any scientific research at all, unless it can immediately save lives.

You’re very welcome to keep pissing your money away on supplements. But don’t castigate others for trying to move the community in a positive direction and make everyone’s (including your) lives better.

2 Likes

I don’t use supplements but I try to improve in some way so that I can at least function. Donations are good and needed but you can’t make fun of people whose lives have been ruined and they try to use hcg.

1 Like

Agree. Nobody should feel forced or badgered into donating.

We think the need to support research is clear and well-reasoned. As we’ve said many times, we need as much support as we can get, no matter how small it may seem. Appreciate everyone who has contributed/continues to contribute.

What is hcg? Im new here and my english is not to good. Thanks!!

As if asking nicely is gonna make a difference. Some people are unable to see the bigger picture/think rationally and no amount of persuasion will change that.

1 Like

We’re all brothers (and in some cases, sisters) in this fight. We all just want to find a remedy to fix this issue. I understand tensions can run high sometimes. Everything counts, and I promise that everyone on here is beyond appreciative for any donation people can give.

Having said that, the “stern” approach that Erik and others are taking is exactly what we need right now, because despite what people believe, big things are happening behind the scenes and there’s more momentum now than ever thanks to people like him. The cycle of negativity and arm chair scientists is being broken, and a solid understanding of the mechanism behind all this is being worked towards. I’m very confident we’re going to find it.

If there are certain supplements or treatments that are working for people, then by all means continue. Nobody here wants anything more than for people to get better. If HCG is helping some people in some aspects, then that’s awesome. However, years of experimenting clearly hasn’t yielded consistent, positive results for most. That’s why there is such a big push right now to work together to find out what the true root cause is. Once we know what that is, we can then start working towards finding a viable treatment/cure for this.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein

5 Likes

People can try whatever they want, but search for hcg on this forum… It’s been discussed already over a decade ago. This is nothing new… we’re going in circles.

How can a substantial part of the community look at what the network, a legitimate organisation, is doing in terms of raising awareness and conducting actual research into the very condition that has destroyed your lives, and still try to undermine it. I can’t wrap my hear around it.

We have an actual chance of getting PFS recognized. Why are we wasting time and needless back and forth on this. Nobody is coming to help us: we must do it. And decades of broscience has gotten us nowhere. It has an incredibly lousy track record.

If you find something to make your life more manageable in the meantime, great! But please, let’s stop bickering and work together on this.

4 Likes

I’ll simplify it.

Take the survey, Infinite. Post-Drug Syndrome Surveys Hurry it up! What are you waiting for? Just do it now! Don’t ask questions!

@Recovery18, please take the survey when you get a chance, and thanks for your service in the military. The survey is technically research.

Spot the difference?

1 Like

The caricature you present is a direct byproduct of constant sabotage of progress, slander and obstinance by certain elements of our community. Your priorities are quite bizarre to me if you are more bothered by the odd sharp or blunt request than by outright sabotage of efforts to fix this situation we’re in or the spreading of doom and hopelessness. You should read what Greek had to say a while back about the effort it took to get people to complete the survey, if you harbour the illusion that it was as simple as asking people politely.

1 Like

Read this and ask yourself what the bigger problem for our community is. You might want to also ask yourself where the exasperation stems from.

1 Like

I’m 100% with Eric here. Sometimes it might not be pretty, but it is necessary to wake people in this forum up. As was said before, for two decades users in this forum have experimented with what feels like every supplement, remedy and protocol from any corner of the universe and the success rate was close to zero. The few recoveries we have seen, are most likely all just natural. But as was said here before, noone on here is preventing anyone from trying out different approaches and from experimenting with their own body. What I just don’t understand is how this is the only thing most people are doing. Why put all your eggs in one basket? Why are some people so reluctant to also support a serious and dedicated research approach that is endorsed by world class scientists?! This is the best shot for ALL OF US to get out of this mess and to return to living a normal life.

So yes, Eric and others’ approach might seem harsh sometimes. But it is necessary so that people understand that sometimes in life there is no quick fix to a problem. We all are in this situation because we wanted to have a quick solution to our hair loss problem. Let’s not repeat that mistake. PFS is an insanely complex clinical picture - random experiments with supplements won’t fix it. Sometimes in life, you have to accept that the only path out of a problem is by investing years of hard work and dedication.

As Eric has said before, it is immoral for the majority of the PFS community to sit tight and do nothing. Yes for some people it is hard to donate because of financial hardship - that is fine. However, you still can get involved by using your time to raise awareness and by maybe finding other donors instead of spending hours in this forum discussing supplements and protocols.

1 Like

But while the ants and the grasshopper were bickering, a sparrow flying overhead saw they were distracted and, swooping down, helped himself to a tasty and nourishing meal.

From the grasshopper, he absorbed courage and determination; and from the ants, he took the capacity for strategic thinking.

Thus strengthened and renewed, he took wing and climbed high, up into the wide open sky.

3 Likes

research. oh well im just sorry as someone who studied science in academic ways ive to say that if you wait for a cure by “research” youre gonna die waiting, not to be harsh
harsh is the reality, we’re alone in this and no one cares bout zombie limpers as far as they still make lots of money and are functional. and well, they make and they do
and it just bumps their desire to still make that, those really interested in our condition dont really matter then. it would contradict the active “force”, if you know what i mean
not too hard to understand how this world works
welcome to hell, bro

1 Like