Terrible side-effects hit suddenly

Hey, you are almost recovered, great to hear.
Someone who is reacting like you to my posts re your “recovery” story and is then insulting me personally (not re my posts), is affected. Though you know nothing about me.
So, it shows me that I am right. And the fact no one cares about the “recovery” you are telling.
You are a shame for people suffering for years (not me). I am indeed very sorry that you have those strong sides, oh forgot, you recovered. Yeah, let’s party!
You are right, I am loosing my time with you.
PS: If you want to read a real recovering story, check blackfox/ quantumfaith. Unfortunately, he passed away (RIP). He tried lots of things and worked with a doc, too. He crashed again due to something he took. He was a smart, intelligent guy. Lots of people read his blogs and discussed with him. So, you can do so, too. Next time and good luck for your next project.

Recent days have been interesting, had one low, which has . become quite rare these days, on a day after not doing my daily yoga routine for 3 days, in a very busy shopping mall started to feel very overwhelmed. I remained centered as much as possible and felt better within an hour.

My libido and erections are through the roof these days - waking up with strong morning wood and sometimes random erections during the day as well.

Went on a few dates, and got a very hot one coming up this week - really looking forward to it, as well as news on a few job interviews I’ve had recently.

All in all - life is good, current regime is:

• Daily 30mins - 1h yoga on YouTube, sometimes swimming / sauna.
  • Pycnogenol, Liquid Fish Oil, Probiotics, Vitamin D 5000IU, sometimes green smoothies with bone broth powder, whey protein, and lots of good greens spinach etc.
  • Avoiding sugar as much as possible, coffee and any type of caffeine. No Gluten, lots of meat / fish / high fat cheese.

Be happy.

1 Like

This sounds almost exactly as what I have been going through for on & off over almost 2 years now. Same dizziness & anxiety related symptoms, zero libido related ones. I also noticed that an Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, Ginseng complex helps the most. I can reduce symptoms by about 70% - still leaves me with 30% which are tolerable but far from being able to have a normal life. Also I can’t be taking these supplements forever. When I was on Zoloft for approx. 6 months I was able to completely recover but around 8 months after stopping Zoloft but still taking the Rhodiola, Ashwagandha,Ginseng supplement the symptoms resurfaced again. No permanent solution found sofar…

Hey man, I’m just checking in here. In think that we share almost the same symptoms. Suffered from muscle twitching,extreme anxiety and brain fog. Extreme anxiety and feels detached was severe for the first three months. But things are slowly tolerable and I hope that things get better in upcoming months.

Glad to found you, as we have been hit at the same time eventho I’m one month late after you for the crash event.I’m 4 months off and I have been following you for the first day. Hope that things will better.

Hi Amar,

My situation improved dramatically, since I started my yoga, diet and supplement routine.

I feel it had improved to the level that I don’t think about it most of the time.

Did you do some.similar changes?

Hey juddbe,

Yes my symptoms do improve by time. I think this is because slow progress of allopregnalone in the brain that is diminished by propecia.

For what that helps me for the panic attack is to avoid crowded people and avoid too much socializing. I also need to avoid sugar. Overdue sugar will give me severe headache. Sadly I cant do yoga as my back still injured but I manage to do some light exercise in the gym. After that not enough sleep seem to make my mental sides worsen the other day.
I still wake up after 4/5 hours of sleep but then I can continue my sleep.

Then for the mental sides what helps me the most is by praying five times a day and read the quran everyday. I’m not a preacher but when you crashed so hard, it is good to not to lose hope.

I still have days which feel like shit but there are good days ahead. Life is a test and there no second chance.

My brain fog and deatached feeling seem to subsided at night and weight lifting. Hope that things will get better.

How are doing man? Hope that we can recovered in the upcoming months.

Hi Amar,

For me, panic attacks have pretty much ceased almost completely. I can do big crowds, and even did a very stressful job interview where I was being watched by a lot of people and did really, really well.

The stuff that got me really much better is daily yoga. Yoga doesn’t necessarily hurt your back, its a great exercise to get the blood flow and circulation going.

I also find the following really helps in making a fast recovery:

1. Not reading this forum or anything about propecia - this becomes easier when you are no longer or suffering much less sides.
  2. Eating high meat / high fat / low sugar / no coffee / no gluten diet.
  3. Some good supplements (Vitd D, Fish Oil, Probiotics, Quercetin, Pycnogenol, etc)
  4. Not masturbating for prolonged periods at a time (1-2 months), its ok to see how it feels once in ages but better to not release the sexual energy and let it build up.
  5. Positive life activities, meditation, prayer like you’re doing sounds great.

Be well

Updates:

1. Noticed I can smoke weed / eat bread / sugar / drink coffee without having terrible side-effects like before. I’m still trying to abstain from all these things but I think it’s a good sign my system can tolerable more shit without going into panic mode immediately.

2. Very horny, can have sex / erections whenever I want. No problems there.

3. Still some circulation problems and coldness in hands / feet.

4. Still some shakiness sometimes

Overall I totally see how a regular exercise regime plus healthy eating puts me in the 90+% recovery range. It has only been 6 months since I stopped Propecia, so I expect that within another 6 months I should be even better.

Updates!
It’s been 2 months since my last update, and this is because the less symptoms I experience, the less I tend to think about this anymore.

There are still things lingering, sometimes, however:

1. I recently did an MRI because I was being paranoid about something, and it uncovered:
    “mild degenerative change in the cervical spine”
    Unsure what this means, however I did start to develop pain in my neck in the post-crash.
  2. Doing sports, avoiding intoxicants and ALL ejaculation are key to feeling amazing.
  3. Hot steam baths and then super cold showers are amazing for circulation.
  4. Weed sends me into an instant crash, but recover quickly.

My libido, and erection are normal.

Other than sub-optimal circulation to fingers and more sensitivity to cold, I can say that 8 months post stopping FIN, after using 0.5EOD, I am almost at my normal self. Whatever is left, will either come back to normal in time, or I’ll just live with it, and learn from this experience that we SHOULD NOT mess with the body as much as possible and keep it healthy.

All the best.

So you used fin less than 1 year ago and you already have something like osteoporosis in your neck? :open_mouth:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoporo … _fractures

Hello,

I have no idea about my neck, it is fine as long as I keep excercising regularly, swimming yoga and dont use my phone too much (neck bend).

I decided to not pursue further as it is not something major and I rather focus on being healthy!

Updates:

1. I still notice Gluten can fuck up my digestion, so I try and avoid. However I can indulge and not crash as before.
  2. I can actually smoke weed / do drugs from time to time without completely freaking out. I do try to and avoid mostly, and I dont drink alcohol because I don’t like it.
  3. I have erections normally and can be very horny.
  4. Panic attacks faded mostly into past.
  5. I still have muscle twitches from time to time, but less strong, less common.
  6. Blood pressure seems fine, though I still have an issue with my hands getting colourless sometimes when its cold - however its summer time now in Europe so I guess in winter it’ll be harder.

All in all, its been 10 months since I quit FIN in September 2017 after 1.5 years of 0.5mg EOD use. I suffered A LOT in the first 3-4 months, however over time, by using a healthy diet, much excercise (yoga / swimming / steam rooms + cold showers), I am feeling 90% now most of the time, and expect it to only get better.

I currently only take the following supplements:

1. Probiotics
  2. Zinc
  3. Vitamin D sometimes
  4. Vitamin B sometimes

Can eat sugar / other bad things at times without crashing.

Hi juddbe,

I just read your story, it’s very similar too mine. I have not my whole story here on the forum but on solvepfs, i will move my posts to this forum soon.
For short i was taking propecia for ±20years, never had or noticed sides. Stopped last year by end of august 2017 because with 40y now i didn’t care of my hairs anymore. Midd september the nightmare began with digestive problems. The sexual sides for me where also not so dramatic, only loss of libido and morning/spontaneous erections. The mental ones, the digestion and herat arrithmies where the worst.
Now 10 months later the sexual sides are all ok, perhaps a little bit less libido but difficult to say.

I have also good days and bad days, overall i think it’s getting better but some days when symptomps are worse again i am very down and thinking nothing is better…For me also eating healthy helped and helps me, also avoiding sugar as much as i can. I am now in treatment by a doctor who is specelized in nutriton, he took me a lot of blood to do diffrent tests, will get the results in august when i have my next appointment.
The things i am still dealing with :

• head pressure, with neck stiffness
  • heart arrithmies are a lot better the last 2 months, but still sometimes there
  • very low stress resistence
  • in a crowdy environment i get very quick overhelmed by everything, this stresses me and gives me a strange unconfortable feeling in my body and head, like panick put not so heavy like a panickattack. I notice this also when i have a conversation with more people, 2-3 are ok but more gives me also this feelings.
  • digestive issues are much better the last month but i still present
  • still have some days where concentrating is very difficult, these days i also sometimes have problems in finding words when i am speaking…

I hope so much that this will end soon, but i am very worried about my mental problems. Some days i think that everything is and will be ok soon but i also have days where i think i am about to loose my mind. I am worring a lot about my brain and his performance. I was always very clear and focused, i kind of problem solver, this is becoming more difficult for me over the last months.

So have a good day, and i wish you all the best.

1 Like

Check out my recovery plan outlined in the post.

TRT and natural treatments are healing my body.

Are you still or more better today? I hope so.
please tell us about yours!

@juddbe can you post your before and after hormone profile for before and after you started on your supplements.

Thanks!