Temporary Recovery Question

I’ve heard multiple accounts of people having temporary recoveries and having a lot of symptoms reverse, including physical symptoms. My question is this - what did that look like for people?

Did stretchy skin reverse to become firm again? Regain muscle? Facial changes go back to normal? Brain fog, muscle spasms, voice changes, etc. all reverse?

The only thing I can think of is that we get hit in quite different ways because I don’t understand these recoveries either. Guys talk about doing physical activity to recover, but they don’t understand that we literally feel pain all day long and still don’t have the strength.
This week I will try to do the receptor autoantibody tests that PSSD and POS COVID patients are having.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this too. I can’t see a mechanism for the full reversal of physical sides in a day or two. Things like lipoatrophy, collagen loss etc would likely take weeks to resolve.

However sebum production, better circulation/muscle pump, energy levels and general reduced inflammation could change more quickly. Combine that with increased neurosteroid production and you have a pretty good recovery.

Please let us know your results!

1 Like

Agreed. It seems very unlikely to have that rapid of a reversal. I agree that some of these things would likely take several weeks to resolve.

What is certain about our condition, it does not depend on which 5alpha reductase blocker you used, it does not depend on how much you took, how you took it, your age, how you stopped taking it. And guys, I don’t feel pain all day, there are times when I don’t feel any pain and there are times when I feel my body destroyed. And I have some contacts here in Brazil who suffer from different symptoms; some only with sexual dysfunction, others only with mental problems, others with everything, others like me with this muscle loss that comes and goes… Because if it depended on which/how many types of substance you use to have symptoms, I’m done be dead. Do you agree? I’ve used almost everything except coconut oil and green tea and I see people with symptoms much worse than mine who just took a pill of any 5ar blocker. Supplements help in varied and independent ways each person. Another thing that is sure; what works for me may not work for you or even make the situation worse.

1 Like

I often wonder whether my symptoms would be any worse if I had stayed on fin longer (I only took for 12 days). Given that most of my symptoms began after discontinuation, I believe I would’ve been fucked from a single pill only. Madness.

I took it for 15 months (1 mg 3X week). I developed severe neurological symptoms that persist to this day (been off for about 8 months now). I kept taking it because I didn’t realize fin was the culprit. I developed probably 20 new symptoms within several months of discontinuation. In hind site, my neurological symptoms began within the first week of taking the pill and I just didn’t realize it at the time. To your point, I may have been fucked since day one. It’s hard to tell if stopping early may have prevented all these other symptoms though.

Btw - what are your symptoms?

Quite a lot of them tbh. I also took 3x a week. I’m inclined to think my intermittent dosing/greater rebounding of DHT worsened my PFS, although obviously I can’t be certain.

I don’t know if I’ve asked you this before, how long have you had PFS? did you crash?

How long have I had it? That’s a little harder to answer because I kept taking the medication despite horrible symptoms for months. I came off in April this year so if we go by that I have had PFS for 8 months.

Yes I did have a definite initial crash after I quit that made everything worse. The week after I quit things actually felt good, I had a much higher libido than while I was on it. Then after that week everything went to shit almost overnight and I developed even more symptoms. For the first few months after that crash recovery was basically inexistent apart from maybe a couple odd days of recovery. Then I started noticing cycles of crashes and recovery which i’m still going through today. Thankfully regardless of what cycle I was on, some of the symptoms including tinnitus, heart palpatations, lack of taste/smell, insomnia etc cleared up on their own.

2 Likes