Temporary Recoveries

I’ve had a few temporary recoveries over the past few years and they are truly heart breaking. Some have lasted a few days, some only a few hours, but they truly hurt. To feel alive again and somewhat normal for a few hours only for it to disappear suddenly is mind boggling.

Most recently I tried high dosages of Maca root, around 10g. A few days ago I noticed a strange tingling feeling in my testes that felt like something was flowing through there again. It happened after an ejaculation. It slowly began to feel like my libido and brain to genital connection was coming back. The weird thing is when my libido comes back, my mental symptoms are all gone as well. It seems like they are directly connected in my body. Anyways, this feeling of being cured only lasted for a few hours then disappeared and now I’m back to PFS.

I wish I could understand what method of action the Maca worked on that allowed me to feel cured and why it stopped working. I was thinking maybe it was progesterone since Maca was proven to raise it then I crash because estrogen starts to come up again. I’m really not sure.

I would appreciate any comments or advice.

Thanks.

1 Like

Certain kinds of maca (red in particular) can shrink the prostate, so it might have some effects similar to finasteride. There seems to be a pattern of some patients occasionally seeing benefits from taking anti-androgenic substances, so that could be the reason. But it’s like throwing a dice – some also see worsening of their symptoms. (I personally saw a severe worsening of side effects with maca root).

1 Like

I started off taking a supplement with all three colors but recently I switched to only the yellow maca after seeing that study.