Taurine for sleep

I have been suffering from insomnia for last two years after quitting Finistede it has improved decently but not pre Finistede now I am considering taking l taurine should I take it will it help me sleep will it cause dependence like Xanax or cause withdrawal

1 Like

Look into Magnesium Glycinate I believe it’s called.
200mg at first. See how you tolerate it. 400mg might be too much so you should look into it

But for me when I was using it at night it really seemed to calm me down and even knock me out.
Magnesium is a big nutrient that is lost in our diet EVEN IF you eat a lot of vegetables and healthy foods.

At the very least I’m sure it’ll calm you down at night even if you don’t need to be calm. Do your research you’ll find good stuff on it. You might wake up a little groggy but that’s better than insomnia right?

Sleepy time tea I used as well but I’d check the ingredients to see if you have any adverse reactions to what’s in there. But I used to use this as a rut Hal before I went to sleep along with the magnesium and melatonin.

Even arginine helps deeper sleep. There’s so much shit to use.
I even used Benadryl to varying amounts but stopped that a long time ago as the magnesium was more than enough.

First things I would consider trying are:

• Melatonin, life extensions do a IR+XR version,
  • Phosphatidylserine 300-600mg,
  • Magnesium Glycinate.

These are safe for chronic use and you don’t develop a dependency.

A few other things to use on occasion include:

• Taurine + Glycine. They have a synergistic effect and upregulate 5ar and allopregnanlone in the brain,
  • Sensoril ashwagandha

I wouldn’t use these chronically however, only on occasion when you need something extra to help you sleep if you’ve had a stressful day

1 Like