Support our Movember Initiative

Context

We have a chance of getting Movember to support our awareness and research efforts. Movember is the world’s largest men’s health and suicide prevention organisation.

While we wait for their response following my initial meeting with two of their boards of directors, I want to gather as many patient videos as possible to strengthen our appeal.

The request

I’m asking for short 3-4 minute long videos from patients talking about their story with PFS, how long they took the drug for, how it was presented to them (ideally as safe and without risk), and how important it is for Movember to support our community.

THE VIDEO WILL ONLY BE SHARED WITH TWO INDIVIDUALS FROM MOVEMBER AND NO ONE ELSE. If you’re concerned about privacy, you can upload your video on YouTube as ‘unlisted’ which means that it can’t be searched for. Then send the link to me. Once Movember have seen it, you can make the video private.

The significance

We need external support to aid our efforts. We need to legitimise this issue and make it as respectable and mainstream as possible. We need more resources to expand our scientific efforts to uncover the mechanisms behind this disease. Getting the world’s largest men’s health organisation to openly support us will be a watershed moment for our community. Please get involved, it’s not a big request and will make an enormous difference.

Please direct message me or comment if you would like to be involved.

2 Likes

Pinning this as think it’s a great initiative.

2 Likes

Guys, send the videos, it costs nothing. This forum has many participants who spend hours discussing whether the recoveries are real or not, now that we have a chance to do something more concrete for the cause besides donations, let’s come together.

2 Likes

Please support this