Supplementing Vitamin D

I’m going to second liquidfirex.

I’ve been meaning to post back since I started taking high doses daily. Instead of using 10,000 iu like planned, I decided to go with 15,000 iu, one 5000 iu pill after each meal. The results have been very welcomed. My penis hangs even bigger and looser then it was since starting my T boosting regimine. I haven’t seen it get to that small, wrinkled, shriveled thing since starting supplementation. I also feel calmer. I don’t know how else to explain it, but I have more well being with this stuff coursing through me. I’m sold, and will take it for life. I also recommend everyone giving it a go.

More interesting info on Vit D.

vitamindcouncil.org/newslett … -mar.shtml

Any change in the sex drive since you upped your vitamin d? I’m thinking about giving a higher dose a shot. It seems like taking 15000 isn’t high enough to cause any harm

I don’t want to say yes directly. What I mean by this is that I think the Vit D is interacting positively with the supps I take to boost T. They are working very synergistically together and the small boost in drive may be because of this. I feel the D is making these supps work better. Although, I can recall being in the sun at the beach all day in the summer and everytime I come home to shower, I am definitely hornier. I’ve noticed that for as long as I can remember. So, it I think it could have sex boosting powers on it’s own because of it’s extremely positive effect on T levels

Another thing to note is the size of my penis both erect AND flacid is bigger. Because of this I’m more inclined to want to use it, that has a boosting effect on it’s own. I highly, highly recommend supplementation.

I’m going to do more research, but I may even end up upping the dose to 20,000 iu. I’d like to do some more toxicity research first, although I don’t thinks it’s going to be a problem.

I certainly have pretty low vitamin d. I think it’s worth mentioning though that low vitamin d may be a general trend in the developed populous (probably from the sedentary, indoor lifestyles).

I also think it’s worth asking, does anyone know if vitamin d inhibits 5AR? I find people in here often trying things because they hear it raises T (like zinc, nettles, etc), but those only do so by inhibiting 5AR, same as Propecia. I have not found anything that shows vitamin d does this, but thought I’d ask.

Not at all. We need it to live and thrive. It’s made by our bodies when the sun hits our skin. WE NEED IT.

Mine definitely went up, about on par with maca, maybe a bit more.
But really that is all secondary, vitamin d is a hormone that your body relies on, if you have low levels you essentially have a “disease” on par with hypogonadism/hypothyroidism etc. There are vitamin D receptors all over the body, they all do important things when expressed. This really goes beyond FIN side effects, but will do nothing but help them as well.

Check the sticky post in this section:
propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3288

Another peculiar thing to note with Vit D. Since I’ve been supplementing, my balls NEVER hang as low as I’ve seen them get since taking fin. We all know what this looks like. The zinger, when worn firms up the nut sac pretty good, but I haven’t been wearing it lately as I have to redo the connecting material and have been busy. So I was surprised when I saw them high and tight, like they should be. For those of you bothered by a ground scraping sac, this is definitely a fix for that. Why? I have no idea, but take it and see what I mean…

“It seems clear that restoring physiological serum levels of 25(OH)D will help many more patients that it will hurt. In fact, living in America today while worrying about vitamin D toxicity is like dying of thirst in the desert while worrying about drowning.”

vitamindcouncil.org/vitaminDToxicity.shtml

I too have started 10,000 iu’s of d3 a day.all I can say is my nuts are getting huge,honestly I didn’t even think I had testicle shrinkage,but I must have because they are like 50% bigger.

It’s been seven more days of taking 15,000 iu and I can say my nuts are bigger as well. On a side note, Yesterday was the first time I took sustain alpha lliqua vade while undergoing Vit D therapy, and WOW! I beat off four times yesterday! FOUR TIMES! I just couldn’t get enough of myself…

I bet if I were to throw the zinger on, which I still haven’t fixed, especially because I’m liking the effect of the Vit D, my erections would be like steel. They were pretty damn hard yesterday without the aid of the zinger. These are definitely good signs. I’m giddy over the effects. Not to mention I just feel calmer and more centered.

I would have never guessed it would be this effective.

So, I wanted to update this thread with my newest findings. My hair is falling out…BAD.

But, I’ve never felt better since this whole thing started. I’m just feeling more and more like I remember feeling. More connected, more alive, more able to just, be.

Vit. D was a huge piece of the puzzle for me. Hopefully it will be for you guys as well.

The hair falling out could be as a result of a rise in testosterone, or perhaps hair cycles being reset. Vitamin D seems to be responsible for controlling the hair growth cycles, but there isn’t a whole lot of research on exactly how the mechanism works.

I Google Vitamin D and hair loss. Most of sites claim that being deficient in Vitamin D is known to cause hair loss. Since you are losing hair and using a large Vitamin D supplement liquidfirex is right that something else is going on. This site states:

searchwarp.com/swa74115.htm

Possibly fin changed something in the expression of genes in the skin that are causing a Vitamin D deficiency? Thanks for the update cdnuts…did you go straight to 15,000 units or did you try some interim doses first?

I really think my hair falling out is just a result of the Vit. D bringing me back to where I should be. The hair loss is on par with what it was like before I started fin. Plus, I’m feeling better and better, so I think it’s just bringing me back to baseline and nothing else. It sucks, but it’s a good thing. I’m really starting to feel good!

As far as my regimine, I started with a 5000 iu dose for a couple days, then brought it up to 10,000 for a few, then went to 15,000. I was going to go higher but I’m happy with the results thus far so don’t feel the need to go with any more.

I’d like to know what everyone elses results with this are as well. It can’t just be me that is benefitting so much from this…

I have been taking 10,000 iu’s a day and I noticed that my balls are bigger.

However, my morning erections are really shitty the last couple of days?

How are your erections in the morni/night cd?

They come and go, so I never usually use them as any type of guide. I’m more apt to pay attention to my erections when I want or need them, and in that regard, my erections have been fuller, longer and harder.

“thus demonstrating that the epidermal component of the hair follicle requires VDR expression to maintain normal hair follicle homeostasis”

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17223342

I’m still evaluating vitamin d supplementation on myself at the moment, and will post back when I’m convinced of it’s effect on me. Regardless of what I conclude, I think vitamin D supplementation should be something everyone who is deficient should take. Its far too important a hormone to ignore, as doing such has a huge array of negative systematic effects.

since takin high doses of vit D ive noticed my balls are bigger too and they dont hang as low, seem more tight to my body etc. i dont know if im benefiting as much as u from it but it definitely does something. i took accutane and have identical sides as you guys, there is a obvious connection between ssri’s, accutane and propecia. a article came out on mercolas website the other say saying retinoic acid ( accutane ) blocks the expression of vitamin d, so maybe finaesteride does something similiar.

articles.mercola.com/sites/artic … -well.aspx

"Dr. Cannell explained:

“The crux of the problem is that a form of vitamin A, retinoic acid, weakly activates the vitamin D response element on the gene and perhaps blocks vitamin D's more robust activation. In fact, the authors of a 1993 study state "there is a profound inhibition of vitamin D-activated...gene expression by retinoic acid."

I believe the benefits to be cumulative. Meaning, the longer you take it, the more impact it will have, especially if you were in a deficient state.