Sucker for punishment

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
Canada
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

What is your current age, height, weight?
37, 5’8, 170lbs
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Finaseride
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1/4 of 5mh tablet each day
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Hair loss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
3 days
Date when you started the drug?
11/11/23
Date when you quit the drug?
11/13/23
Age when you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
First day ignored, third day stopped when they got worse
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[x] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[x] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[x] Other (please explain)
Kidney pain
Dry mouth
Extreme thirst

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
None, some vitamins d, e, and test booster
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I started using the drug to help with my scalp pain, the dermatologist suggested it to help with hair loss and follicle pain. I wasn’t even there for the hair loss just my hair felt like it was on fire. The Derm said pain isn’t usually associated with hair loss and didn’t know about it. Suggested treating the hair loss would help.
It did for three days then the symptoms set in.

I stopped taking the meds about 5 days ago. It has improved somewhat but still having the symptoms.

I started going back to the gym which I. Other posts said helped. I don’t k ow what I should be doing to help my recovery.

Now stay away from the forum, stay away from minoxidil and ketoconazole, stay away from any supplements, including vitamins, and you will be fine in three months

Seidakona
That does seem to be the common thread here. I already stopped the vitamins and supplements. The goal is to bring the body back to equilibrium and see what is still working.

I did get some morning wood and was able to get a partial erection with a little bit of work.
I did notice that it’s much easier when the bladder is full which makes sense since it’s pushing on the prostate.

I did also wake up a little nauseous though that is not outside the realm of symptoms.

I also have a weird taste in my mouth of the pill, like it’s still there. And everything smells like it, like a lingering Oder.

What’s your story? I didn’t see a story for you anywhere.