Success Stories Compilation

Testosterone often go up and down, especially early on. 800 ng/dl is high. Tested another week it may be lower. It’s part of the disease. The whole system fluctuate.

Premature ejaculation isn’t caused by “high sensitivity”. I suffered PE too for a while due to PFS (couple of weeks then it went away) and my penis is mostly numb and without pleasureable sensation. Most of the orgasms from PE happened when I was half erect or otherwise not ‘ready’. I can tell you the PE was absolutely awful and it made every orgasm feel like a bad piss. So tired of people on this forum making BS assumptions when they don’t know what they’re talking about. Here’s an idea: If you haven’t experienced a symptom yourself, don’t act like you know anything about it or make statements about whether these people had PFS or not. You’re not the judge of that.

3 Likes

This.

With all due respect, neither are you. All our opinions are equal and our own experience does not invalidate other people’s experience nor the other way around.

I’m sure you tell the truth when you describe your experience with PE. However, mine was somewhat different. I would ejaculate after 5 seconds and had normal orgasm. Later the numbness came and there was no more ejaculations or orgasm. It lasted for over a year with varying intensity and went away.

It looks like not only we all experience PFS differently, but each of us have fluctuating symptoms and our status changes in any directions with time. I think with time the fluctuations stabilize somewhat but maybe others could tell me wrong.

I don’t know about you guys, but I often feel very irritable and can sometimes become uncontrollably furious over rather minor events.

With all due respect, neither are you.

Read my post again. Did I ever claim to be? He was the one making big nonsense statements, I’m just calling him out for it. Don’t twist the argument around.

1 Like

I’m being very careful not to make broad statements as if they were facts. I say “in my opinion”, “I think”, “I believe that” and I even quote stuff I read in scientific researches as “according to the author of this study” just to make sure it cannot be taken as anything but an opinion.

@vkg1 makes a statement as if it was a fact. He should have said “in my opinion”, he had hypogonadism and then it would be true (that this is his opinion)

You are making a statement as if it was a fact, saying PE isn’t caused by high sensitivity when you should say “in my opinion”, or even wiser, “in my case”. Because in my own case, it was caused by hypersensitivity and hyper sex drive I experienced for 2 weeks, 2 weeks after crashing. So what I had is a symptom you’re talking about and haven’t experienced yourself and that’s alright to me, I think people can talk about things they haven’t experienced (how else could we expand our knowledge beyond our experience ?)

As I said, your experience does not invalidate mine, nor mine invalidate yours.

Furthermore, this thread is about being positive and giving hope. I understand the disease can makes people irritable and sometimes aggressive. It would be preferable not to add to other’s suffering by being negative or outright aggressive.

This is all according to the site’s policy. I personally like arguments and I never take anything people write as facts unless I fact checked it myself, so I don’t mind people making broad statements as facts. I consider everything as opinions unless proven otherwise.

So, I will consider you’re in a bad place. I hope you manage to change the way you see things and make peace with your condition. I wish that to all of us. Those are the cards we’ve been dealt, now we play the game with those cards.

I wish you the best !

1 Like

You are making a statement as if it was a fact, saying PE isn’t caused by high sensitivity when you should say “in my opinion”, or even wiser, “in my case”. Because in my own case, it was caused by hypersensitivity and hyper sex drive I experienced for 2 weeks, 2 weeks after crashing. So what I had is a symptom you’re talking about and haven’t experienced yourself and that’s alright to me, I think people can talk about things they haven’t experienced (how else could we expand our knowledge beyond our experience ?)

At the very least my ‘statement’ was based on my personal experience when he was just blurting out senseless things about people with symptoms he has no experience with whatsoever. It would seem reasonable to me that this fact alone gravitates my opinion on the topic to a more valid position than his, so I disagree with this silly defensive narrative that ‘all our opinions are equal’ as a default, in that regard.

As I said, your experience does not invalidate mine, nor mine invalidate yours.

I never even adressed your experience, let alone try to invalidate it, ever. This entire comment comes completely out of nowhere.

So, I will consider you’re in a bad place. I hope you manage to change the way you see things and make peace with your condition.

Yikes. What the actual f— my dude? Thanks for this little unsollicited Freudian analysis. I’m actually fine. Just calling out a guy for making a single senseless statement. You’re the one turning it into some big personal debate here.

But yeah I wish you all the best as well (if for whatever reason you ever doubted this?)
I’m not going to spend another minute feeding and responding to what is quite obviously someone’s mental gymnastics to defend a friend even though you admit to flatout agree with the whole reason I responded to him. (But I guess that’s not allowed because ‘bad vibes’ or something.)

Does anyone know why this user with a history of natural recovery after 3 years was suspended until the year 2218, was his recovery history a fake?

Did you end up using butyrate and BHB?

I don’t use butyrate. I take probiotics and prebiotics which makes my guts biome produce butyrate (butyric acid). As for BHB, I am ketogenic so I produce around 100 gr of it per day as my main energy source. I’ve always advocated this approach as I believe it leads to epigenetic repairs (although I can’t actually take a look and confirm… Lol !)

1 Like

Not sure if you ve answered this recently but what probiotics do you take?
What’s the dosage and frequency?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you

I take a mix of lacto-bacillus and bifidus strains, like at least 20 strains. As for concentration, I take 50 billion CFU minimum per day.

As importantly, they have to be fed so I take resistant starch (potato starch or green banana starch) 3-6 tsp a day, and Chia seeds 3-6tsp a day (half of which is fiber). I fart a lot so I know it’s fermenting… Lol !

1 Like

and on a scale from 1-10 , 10 being ideal how would you say your number twos are?
and have you ever had any issues with dairy, or the lacto strains in particular, in your diet?

Not sure I get the question. Insomnia is my only annoying symptom left and I control it with meds and herbs. I’m sure I have other symptoms but they are light or I got used to it, I don’t notice.

I used to have skin reaction to lactose. Not allergies but rather fungi that would grow whenever I have lactose. To my surprise, I had pizza the other day until I was totally full and not only I didn’t have any fungi reaction but I was still ketogenic after eating it, which I can’t understand nor deny (I have keto strips to test and water is sweet when I’m in ketosis. after 3 years, you know the signs).
Maybe the huge amount of bacteria in my guts fermented all the carbs and lactose. I know I’m feeling better and insomnia is getting better since I increased pre and pro biotics. I also did a candida (bacteria and virus) treatment just before increasing the pro biotics because the treatment killed all bacteria as well.

Lacto-bacillus has nothing to do with lactose. They are called this way because they produce lactic acid, not because they contain lactose. However, most of the strains of bacteria mentioned above can ferment and digest any carbs, including sugar, starch, lactose, resistant carbs and fibers (and they do more than that).

Ya that makes sense, there’s no dairy in probiotcs. I seem to not react well with those strains, perhaps the increase of lactic acid is the reason.

Just wondering if your bowel movements are optimal with your supplements and keto?

My worst symptom is poor digestion/ibs. When I have that undecontrol I feel my best. Poor vitamin nutrient absorption and chronic inflammation as a result. I have flare ups quite often so I’ve been trying everything digestion related to get back to regular.

Ketogenic diets reduces inflammation overall. And yes, my digestion is optimal. Food goes down easy, I’m regular and feces are as they should be every time.

I always suggest the keto diet. We get used to it: I’ve been on it for 3 years now.

2 Likes

I’ve done a pretty worrying observation. I hope I’m wrong.

Most users who’re reporting recovery stories seem to emphasize the physical sexual health side of things. Some report they don’t feel “depressed” anymore but this is often a secondary theme in their stories. Of course it’s hard to really know, and I don’t mean to disregard other people’s problems, but this could mean most recoveries are from people who’re facing sexual health issues from another cause, like depression.

My main issue in post finasteride syndrome is by far the loss of desire to live life in general and the “emotional anaesthesia”. The loss of zest for life and the loss of anticipatory excitement to go on a holiday like we used to. The loss of desire to do the hobbies we once used to love doing. The loss of experiencing the emotional affect in music.
The loss of romantic feelings and the loss of “feeling” other human emotions and pleasures, and social tension.
But also the pain of stuff not working out the way we want to, of friendships not going the way we would like to, feeling lonely etc. Before this syndrome I used to really want to share good experiences with others and would feel really lonely if I’d see a beautiful sunset just by myself. Now I don’t feel anything.
The loss of brain - genital connection, loss of genital sensibility and erectyle dysfunction is of course an important part of our condition. But in my eyes it’s not the main problem.

If I were to recover from this condition the zest for life would probably be the first thing I’d mention.

What are your takes on this?

5 Likes

If you’d like some reassurance, I have experience of what you’re talking about. I used to love music, competitive video games. At crash, I remember trying to distract myself with those things and felt nothing at all. I remember not caring about the outcome of games and had little interest in music.

I got back into games after a while but music took longer, I’ve recently noticed more interest in finding new music than I have had since my crash.

I still find that zest for life feeling isn’t quite there but it’s not consistently absent. I definitely feel something and when it comes back more fully, I am very aware of it.

I am confident that these symptoms can dissipate or improve and have experience of it.

6 Likes

@PFS I fully get what you are saying. I lost those feelings within weeks of taking fin over 20 years ago. After being prescribed paroxetene they returned. Fast forward to 2008 /9 they fell off again. No matter what they didn’t return and I thought it must happen to people when they get bored as nothing seemed to fire me up. Then in 2015 they returned briefly when on holiday then fell away again at this point i knew something was wrong . 2 years later I would discover pfs and it all fell into place. Since then I had a two week window accidentally from turmeric then 1 day last year from bacopa. My strength and muscles tend to come back on line when this happens. It’s very soulless and flat to say the least without these essential life giving / rewarding / feeling.of being alive. Ide agree it’s the worst it’s like being dead amongst the living. But Greek is correct I believe they can be turned back on for some with time. We don’t know enough to be sure that it won’t come back for everyone at some point no one has been around with this long enough to be 100% sure.

2 Likes

How long exactly did they last for?