Studies on pfs? (Baylor, melcangi)

Can we expect baylor coming out this year? Also are the italians doing another study and anyone knows its timeframe? Thank you in advance

2 Likes

I heard that results are being analysed atm. Could be as late as early next year though before it is released

One thing that I’d like to see as soon as these studies are released is immediate fundraising to get the next one started.

I’d love to see the cure announced but let’s prepare ourselves for the next round of research and try and get the ball rolling asap.

4 Likes

Just donated.

@axolotl, @awor - can I make a suggestion? The donation button should be on the on the upper navigation bar of propeciahelp.com (vs having to click through research or scroll down the landing page). Additionally, I think it would be a good idea to add it to the forum directly as folks who are directly linked to the forum may never visit the main landing page. I think the more places and fewer clicks needed to access the donation page the better.

5 Likes

Good man.

I know that right now the guys are working really hard on something, so the donation button is “on the list” but I believe it’ll be moved once the current workload decreases.

1 Like

One thing that I expect as the results are published is having a clear answer whether it is genetically caused.
As Merck said, they don’t believe in pfs as there are no reliable! studies showing it.
So, what if a study would show that?
Then, Merck would be forced to withdrawal fin from the market I guess. And lawsuits would be lost - every one of them.

Hm, everybody can imagine that situation.
Just a mindplay: If I was Merck, I would do all possible steps to avoid studies coming out with scientifical evidence of pfs.

Keep the ball rollin’? Is that the hidden hint Baylor won’t show essential prove?
It sounds not very promising cause I would like to stop the pfs ball rolling. Baylor has been researching for several years and now you are supposing focussing immediately on the next steps?

I bet Baylor won’t show us anything essential though they might have found the root.
And the ball will keep rolling on and though ppl are donating no progress in studies being able to help us in any way so far will arise.

The best trick to keep ppl hoping is to distract them.

M.was not invented for mpb. M.only earns about 200 mio.with fin products. They don’t need substantially fin at all. They are 180 bio.heavy.
Check the story behind fin, the pseudohermaphrodites, and then you know why fin is on the market. Dht is the! male hormone, suppressing causes always sides. Sometimes not notible immediately.
And we think naively M.will allow finding a root or even a cure for depression, ED, memory loss and concurrencing them and their plans.
In five years we might be still here and saying let’s keep the ball rolling.
And for sure, we will have all explanations why there haven’t been found the root or cure.
Just to keep hope and distract us.
If Baylor doesn’t show the root, but was expected somehow, I want to hear the arguments and excuses of all guys here which told us Baylor would be viral, essential.
Instead of rolling the ball we should analyse what Baylor did or did not and if further studies are making sense when we need to wait for more than 4 years to get no essential and helpful results.
Who wants to wait another year or even 4 years with no results from the next “independent” study? Me, me and me! Cause there will be a cure for sure, sooner or later. My gosh…

1 Like

we want to know the root…!!!
5 years study is very very long.
can they found the root?? not cure just root!
But i’m afraid there are many lobbies in Pharma places.
Propecia is best & steady seller in alopecia treatment.
merck wants to keep this poison in the market.
But the study is our last hope i think.
waiting until study publishing.
5 years studying and they can know something.

1 Like

Just because you occasionally add the addendum that posts such as this are your beliefs and your beliefs only, that doesn’t somehow absolve them from their extreme negativity. I get that you believe that Merck invested in finasteride as part of an effort to globally emasculate men and that they are so powerful there is little hope that the pfs foundaton’s effort will succeed unimpeded, but sometimes, irrespective of one’s beliefs it is better to say nothing as such thoughts offer little apart from untrammelled negativity. Even if you feel that you are the keeper of some empirical truth, what good do such posts serve?

5 Likes

So anyone knows if melcangi is doing another study? :thinking:

Please see the blog post regarding ongoing research here: https://www.propeciahelp.com/ongoing-research-into-pfs/

2 Likes

Thanks i was searching on the foundation site and missed this one

1 Like

It would be more interesting talking about the former and ongoing studies.
I think it is essential to post everybodies opinion.

If you believe in the studies, congrats!
I instead do not and won’t be possibly dissapointed.

If I am still alive in the next few years, we will see if all this will have helped us by then.

Absolutely no reason to get into arguments about whats going on behind the scenes which noone of us knows, i created this thread for a specific question as i couldnt find relevant information on the foundation website.

If possible i would request the people running this forum to connect with the foundation so they possibly add a community button or forum button which would redirect victims in our community as it contains invaluable information.

Also letting us view the theories section (without posting privilege) no matter how dark or misguiding that place might be, would help alot ,as some threads I searched over the net are locked there with info on studies and what not that might help.

My questions have been answered so this thread can be locked, thank you all

I see this topic has been closed, but just to answer a couple of points: we are in touch - awor is a founding member. Unfortunately there’s a lot on our to do list but I would hope for better integration in the future.

The content of the theories section was merged into the other categories when we simplified the forum structure, so nothing is hidden in that regard. All the best.