Stretch Marks?

Hey there guys,

I’ve used the search function (proof: search.php?keywords=stretch+marks&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search) But nothing was too specific.

So stretch marks wouldn’t be too far fetched? Here’s my story:

I’m 23. I’ve been balding since 20 years old. I am a “lite” NW7. Meaning, I had severely thinning hair but it’s not completely gone. I wanted to preserve the hair I had and get this micro tattoo procedure. Before I went on the pill, I was 5’9’’ and 163lbs. Since taking the pill, I’m at 181lbs but that is mostly due to my bad eating habbits in March/April. All the fat has formed in my belly/abdomen area.

Well, I started taking the pill in January 2011. Luckily, no side-effects. No libido loss, no male breasts, etc. However, in the middle of July 2011, I was about to take a shower and was examining my body. I was checking my ass out in the mirror when I noticed these slightly pink “welts” but I thought nothing of it. I assumed it was from the jeans I was wearing. So I get out of the shower, lather up my body with lotion and those “welts” are still there.

I was like, “What?” Upon further examination, the were little splotches of red near the surface of the skin (presumably tears/blood in the marks). And the designs were pretty zig zaggy - I immediately thought it was stretch marks. So I Googled pics, all pics were of extreme cases… So I purchased some Palmer’s Cocoa Butter…THAT HAS HELPED even though I read all over the internet that stretchmark creams are scams.

I went a step further and purchased some expensive lotion called “TriLastin”… it’s still in the box as I typed this. But I need to get some sort of confirmation… I know I’ve gained weight to my bad eating habbits but I’ve only gained 18 pounds! I’m at 5’9"" and 180 is pushing the limit for “a healthy weight”.

Is it possible for Finasteride to give male stretch marks?

Tags: stretchmarks, stretchmark, stretch marks, stretch mark

has anyone experienced stretch marks while on finasteride?

I’ve gotten stretch marks on my ass, thighs (front & back)… do you think fin could have done this?

females are more able to obtain stretch marks than males due to their estrogen levels… any ideas?

:frowning:

Oh, BTW, I am not on Fin anymore. Stopped taking it 8/15/11 due to my suspicion that there was a connection between the marks and the pill.

no.

I have had a lot show up…or I guess you could say they were already somewhat there, but you could never really see them. High cortisol is what causes them to show up or darken. I suggest you get a 24 hour urinary panel to see if that is the cause. Otherwise they will just keep coming back.

Hello,

i wanted to share with you about propecia use and stretch marks (therefore the bump). First of all. YES!!! propecia can cause stretch marks.

Backstory, i created alot of stretch marks after MDMA use en propecia. A long time i thought MDMA was the culprit (raised cortisol levels, and cortisol decreases elastin and collagen production). I searched alot about finasteride and stretch marks, but besides a couple of posts i didn’t find anything specific.

I searched a long time for scientific literature about the matter, but today i finally found something that can help some of us. Finasteride blocks DHT en therefore raises testosteron levels --> increases estrogen --> increases estradiol levels. So finasteride use increases estradiol levels.

Now the study : “The SA of hydroxyproline in both collagen and elastin declined more rapidly in estradiol treated rats than it did in the control rats, indicating that estradiol caused a more rapid degradation of the collagen and elastin. By 144 hr there was significant difference (p < 0.05) between the two groups in the SA of both collagen and elastin.”

AND

Aortas from control rats were significantly heavier than those from estrogen-treated rats, a finding consistent with the increased weight gain of these control rats. Also, the amount of collagen in the aortas of the control rats was greater than that in estradiol treated rats at a high level of significance. The difference in accumulation of collagen between the two groups was almost twice as great as the difference in accumulation of elastin, even though there is normally more elastin in the aorta"

AND

“This is evidenced in the significant increase in percent collagen in the control rats whereas the percent elastin actually tended to decrease. In summary, the net effect of these differences in
accumulation of collagen and elastin was that in the rats without estrogen replacement
the proportion of collagen tended to increase and is reflected in the significant increase in collagen to elastin ratio, which was previously suggested as one measure of stiffness of a vessel”

So yeah, finasteride can cause collagen and elastin fibers to decline in the skin and therefore cause an increased risk in stretch marks by increasing the levels of estradiol circulating in the body.

Also, i would like to note that MDMA in fact can increase cortisol levels by 800%, srs and cause a dyregulation of the HPA-axis and therefore secrete to much cortisol --> decreases the amount of elastin and collagen fibers. So using alot of MDMA and finasteride seems like a bad idea for you skin. I’m getting my estradiol levels checked next friday, i keep everyone posted.

Link to the study: press.endocrine.org/doi/pdf/10.1 … -91-5-1227

If this happens to me too