Stomach fat - help?

For the last few months I’ve decided that if my body won’t work in the ways I want (sexually, brain fog, fatigue etc) then I will at least push it to be strong and healthy in other ways. As such I’ve started lifting weights and being more cautious with how I eat and have been following a programme to gain muscle and strength. Myself and others have noticed gains in certain areas: my chest, arms, legs, for example. I’ve also managed to lift heavier in that time. However I’ve also noticed a massive increase in stomach fat, something I’ve never had to deal with before. It looks disgusting, and I’ve had this disease for almost 4 years now.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any tips and advice for how to deal with this side of things? Am I naive for even bothering to try and work out and better myself and how I look?

Ive had stomach fat issues ever since PFS. I have never had any issues prior to PFS and was very lean. I work out multiple times a week and have a lot of muscle, but I struggle with abdominal fat. Working out gives me too many benefits to not do it, but I do struggle a lot with getting rid of abdominal fat in particular.

1 Like

I feel the exact same way. I’m glad that at least it seems like gains and an increase in strength is very possible. Has anything helped you with the stomach fat problems?

Stomach fat problems are a tell sign for low T. Or in our case, maybe low androgen receptor activity.

And yes I have it to, to some degree.

1 Like

Is there anything that can be done about that side of things? I feel like when my testosterone is higher (during workout and sometimes in the morning) things feel better, but I guess there’s no point in upping my test if it’s not even going to go anywhere. It’s hard enough when the stuff this disease does isn’t visible to people

Just to confirm, the increase in fat is worsened by working out? Does it decrease if you dont?

I’m not sure if it does or not, in fairness I’m eating more because I’m trying to gain muscle. My family and friends just thinks it’s to do with the working out and eating, or working out wrongly, but they don’t know about my condition

As an update, I’m near the end of a 72 hour water fast and my stomach looks far more flat and toned than before which is nice, and my muscle mass doesn’t look like it’s gone down as a result which is reassuring.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stop my stomach from bloating out again when I resume eating? I’m planning on completely cutting down on gluten and attempting a more paleo diet, but I’m unsure if that’s sufficient

In that case it definitely sounds like bloating, probably brought on by gut problems induced by PFS. You’d be right to jump into a paleo diet for a while to see if you can fix up your gut. Stick to natural whole foods and you should be good. I myself have been eating paleo / carnivore and it’s completely fixed my bloating and digestion problems that PFS caused me.

1 Like

Thank you very much, this is reassuring advice! I definitely think that diets like that can help us significantly

1 Like

Okay so another small update haha, after eating pretty minimal (some fruit and nuts last night and a prawn and vegetable dish today) I’ve become pretty bloated again already. Is that normal for just after a fast?

Looks like your stomach is still reacting badly, but that’s not too surprising as it’s only been a few days. I had the same problem for about 3 months (my crash decimated my gut biome) and it slowly got better with extremely clean eating. I’ve stuck to fatty meats, eggs and some veg and it’s done wonders for my bloating and other related digestion issues. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you! I do notice it a lot more now, I’ve been eating clean and as soon as I eat something that’s higher in gluten I feel worse. Have you noticed your diet helping other symptoms?

Bumping this topic because it’s all just getting worse