Stem cells as a therapy

good luck!!!

Joetz,

Awesome man. Good luck man. Very brave. Who knows, it could work!..

Awesome work, Joetz. Good luck with it!

lucky friend …

Hoping for the best as it seems this can be a bit dangerous. There is the potential to develop tumors if they are just injecting stem cells. Seems in the Hebrew University study they cultured stem cells and added a substance to change the expression of the gene they were targeting. But, they admitted there was still alot to learn before they’d be able to do this on live patients.

Did you go over PFS with them and did they say under what theory they figured their treatment would help? What was their reasoning if you don’t mind me asking? Not being sarcastic.

Have you done the lipo and they’ve already spun down your stem cells?

Wishing you the best of luck obviously.

There were a few things I misunderstood about the process that I got clarified. You actually take a shot of the stem cells the very same day the lipo is done. So when I go in this week I’ll take an IV of stem cells created from my own fat

Then in one week I will be returning for another IV of stem cells.

I understand the risks of the procedure and understand that it isn’t FDA approved (we all know what we think of the FDA, so that may not necessarily be a bad thing), but for me the risk of not doing it is something that frightens me more. We have to explore every treatment option.

A lot of people are PMing me asking me who the doctor is and where I’m going to get it done. I know this is going to anger and upset people, but until I can verify that this treatment works I don’t want to send anyone to this clinic. We already had that clusterfuck in Kos where someone got a little too excited about a doctor and treatment that was very expensive and it turned out that not a single person was actually cured. I don’t want this to be another Kos. It could be a big waste of money or it could be the silver bullet, but I want you to all wait and see before jumping on a plane and spending 8-10 grand.

If I feel like I’m cured I’ll start revealing the name of the doc in PMs and if I’m STILL cured after several months I’ll start encouraging people to go, but please everyone, lets be cautious. I know we are all desperate for a solution, and unfortunately that makes us easy targets for snake oil salesmen.

good luck man!

Down the road this might work for us but I wonder if we are missing a step or two.

This is kind of interesting – fhcrc.org/en/news/releases/2012/05/transplant-brain-cancer-stem-cells-research.html

They harvest cancer patients stem cells and genetically modify by methylating a gene that promotes DNA repair and makes the patient more tolerant to chemo.

Going in tomorrow for the therapy
Wish me luck!

Good luck!!!

luck!!!

very brave man, we are praying for you

Much respect and best of luck. You are serving this community well by attempting this.

Good luck mate, I have a good feeling about this!

I’m sure that pretty much everyone on this forum is wishing you the best. Thanks for doing this and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hello everyone

I am in bed resting after my procedure. Things went really well yesterday. They were able to get the fat that they needed from my belly to create the stem cells and contrary to what I was told they decided to give me the entire shot of stem cells all in one shot. So no going back next week for more. The yield was huge, like 80 million stem cells were created.

During the process one of the three doctors said to me “your crown looks completely bald, do you want a full head of hair?” I know how no one really cares about hair loss anymore but since they had extra stem cells I figured why not? So they injected stem cells into my scalp and claim that in a couple of months I’ll have a full head of hair

The worst part of the process was the liposuction. Guys, just like how it looks in the YouTube videos, lipo is fucking awful. Sorry there is no way to sugar coat it. It hurt and the recovery is rough. FWIW I’ll have a really nice looking physique and a six pack, but, seriously, only a complete lunatic would do lipo instead of diet or exercise. Lipo blows

Now for the part people are waiting for, results thus far:

So far, results have been promising. Woke up with a morning boner and got a spontaneous erection from nowhere that lasted about ten minutes. Also my appetite is really strong. Still no libido though. It’s only day one though so we’ll see how things progress

I guess we can use this thread as a diary where I can document my progress? We’ll see how I do and I’ll keep updating the thread

Awesome! Love the diary idea. Thanks for reporting back so promptly and thoroughly. Heal up bro!

Joetz that’s great! Be sure to post as frequently/infrequently as you feel necessary and though I know many of us have been desensitized to the idea of losing our hair, it’s admittedly still a vain concern of mine (though through this process I’ve learned to be more skeptical with whatever vehicle I use for achieving the desired results) so please also update us on that front. Good luck man and thank you for this. Hope you feel better soon!

Just noticed that all the perineum inflammation I had is gone!