Spiro to reverse epigenetic changes to AR's

If we inhibited to AR’s directly wouldn’t this drive the body to resensitise the AR’s hopefully undoing the epigenetic changes?

Thoughts

GW

Maybe the fact that we are unresponsive to androgens Is due to a lack of receptors.
Not to even mention, in a lot of cases aside of the problem above, we don’t produce androgens in a sufficient manner.

Read the research. It’s the opposite.

2 Likes

So we have an overexpression then?
So the right idea is to use products that are antiandrogenic to achieve a lowering of such said overexpression?

Guys, please read the research and search posts from Awor and Axolotl for keywords. No need to re-invent the wheel!

This is a good primer: Has anyone tried Saw Palmetto or fin after developing pfs?. It is almost a decade old, but this is still in substance the likely explanation of our problem and the studies since then suggest that we are on the right track. The research papers can be found on the website of the PFS Foundation.

1. Androgen receptor overexpression in penile tissue of patients suffering from persistent side effects from Finasteride have been confirmed in a study. This is the likely driver of our condition.

2. Anti-androgens typically reduce the androgens that bind to the recepor. So, the answer is no. Reducing androgens is dangerous in our condition that’s what got us into trouble in the first place. See here: Has anyone tried Saw Palmetto or fin after developing pfs?

2 Likes
1 Like

I see I made a mistake in my post and linked the same thing twice.

The primer was meant to be this: http://www.protocol-online.org/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2010/msg-19273-027408800%201282061244.ipb

It’s a paper largely by Awor with support from Mew that got the ball rolling with regard to the ongoing scientific investigation of our condition.