Spine curvature, Lumbar Lordosis (LL) changes?

Does the spine readjust or change?

Noticed feeling strange lower back pain after squatting, not the usual form of soreness, and a more upright position sitting at a desk in general.

Could the spine be readjusting? and more curvature in the lower part of the spine. Might be just be in my head, so want to verify.

Any people longer in this situation who have seen changes in spine curvature?

4 years into PFS I developed pain in my lower back which developed into pain going down my right leg . Got MRI and had herniated disk in lower spine . Contributed it to the severe constipation I suffered from which was also a PFS symptom. The constipation was so bad the straining tore the disk and the disk material came out of the disk and compressed the nerve causing the leg pain .

A year after the leg pain started my spine was noticeable curved to the point that I looked like I had mild scoliosis. I needed surgery to get the disk material off the nerve and I’m currently mostly pain free and the curve appearance did improve to the point that it’s not that noticeable .

If you are feeling lower back symptoms do your self a favor and start doing something about it now. If you go down the road I did you will have a new definition of what pain and suffering means.

Spinal curve can adjust or change/get better without surgery to correct scoliosis depending on if spinal curve is due to mechanical VS structural issue that caused it in the first place. Obviously if you just developed structural scoliosis it would not go away without surgery. But if you get a herniated disk and that herniated disk results in lots of pain because it’s compressing on the nerve your spine can curve and your body can shift to “get away” from that pain. In my case the pain was on the right side of my body below the lower spine so my spine and pelvis shifted toward the left in an attempt to “escape” the nerve compression. This would be a mechanical curve and once the pain went away the mechanical curve part of if corrected. However, my l4/l5 disk in my lower back is still flat like a dime, missing most of the disk material and does not support my back properly. So my back still curves a little due to this structural issue. In this case removing the disk all together and connecting that part of the vertebrae together making it “all one part” would probable fix the curve completely. But this surgery is no j/k and comes with serious risks. The specific surgery that they do to actually correct structural scoliosis I’m not familiar with but I do know that they will only do this if you are young and have moderate-severe scoliosis.

2 Likes

Hello there, did you have any luck resolving your issue? my lower back pain is killing me, it is stiffness mixed with lower lower backpain, i used to do stretches but seems like nothing is helping