Spinal Tap to measure neurosteroid levels

It seems that blood tests are not very helpful for indicating what hormones/nerusteroids PFS suffers are lacking.

I was reading a study the other day comparing 3 healthy males to 3 PFS suffers, and they took a spinal tap to compare their neurosteroids. This test indicated that the PFS suffers were lacking certain neurosteroids.

The article made it sound like a spinal tap was a rare procedure to have done. Has anyone here had this procedure done?

Was it helpful towards diagnosing the specific neruosteroids that you are lacking?

I’d imagine that everyone with PFS has a different range of neurosteroids that they are lacking, or overcompensated for. We may need a spinal tap in order to figure out the exact hormones that we need to right our systems.

Its not a procedure to take lightly. You can get paralyzed if they are not careful. Plus, even if confirmed, I am unaware of a treatment for it.

You need to look at the new study which is taking place:

pfsfoundation.org/news/2061/

One of the methods listed is: assess central and peripheral neurosteroid and hormonal levels.

The best thing to do is to back the studies which are already taking place. They have been recruiting since last month. It is very good news.

Wow! I am elated that they are undertaking this study. That is wonderful. The objectives are spot on. I will be very interested to see what they find. Thanks for mentioning this.

If you want to see more studies initiated, donate monthly (whatever you can afford) to the PFS donation. Thanks.

Was there anything helpful that came out of this study?