spasm/ random fasciculation/ hot foot when i am stand up, weakness,

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Brazilian

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google
What is your current age, height, weight?
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Finasteride and minoxidil
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
4 weeks of finasteride 1mg
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Hair loss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
1 month
Date when you started the drug?
september 2021
Date when you quit the drug?
October 2021
Age when you quit?
Same age, 31 years old
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Pain in d1ck and depression, ED
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
First week
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
ED, low libid, depression,
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ x] Watery Ejaculate
[ x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ x] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ x] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[ x] Muscle Weakness
[ x] Joint Pain
[ x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ x] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ x] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ x] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ x] Other (please explain)
When i am stand up for 1 hour i feel spasm on my legs. Random fasciculation in my body… Sensibility in my body…stabbing pain. Tooth issues and others.

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
i Tryed to use Vitamin C, NADH, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, b8, b9 and b12
Vitamin D, fish oil, curcumin and piperine and others supplements.

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
decrease T 650 to 390
b12 580 to 360
cortisol up and others
Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?
My experience is terrible, progressive symptons with muscle loss, fasciculation and others.

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
I started fin in 2021. When i was using fin my problem was just Ed, low libid and cum decrease… But when i stopped started the Nightmare…
I was having libido problems and common symptoms of spf, but as time went by I started to notice that I was getting weaker in the gym, instead of increasing the weights I was lowering the weights even more… I started to notice problems joints. Joint pain… I also felt burning and stabbing pain in my left arm… One night, I remember well, I woke up simply without feeling my arm. This lasted for a while then went back to “normal”. I started to feel my fingers tingle. Until then, I didn’t pay attention. Over time I noticed that I was progressively weaker, I also noticed that I had random fasciculations in my body, and at night, always at night I noticed spasms in my right leg…
I don’t know if this is related to the covid vaccine that made my condition worse, or even the covid virus, or it was simply the finasteride that caused all these symptoms. From then on, it was just decadence. I did an electroneuromyography a few months later and nothing was found… This year in February I did the electroneuromyography again and subacute/chronic denervation was found in the s1 root. I don’t know if this is a sign of some neuromotor disease (ALS) or some other neuromuscular disease.

I had an MRI of the head, back, and sacroiliac.

I did all the blood tests available, including PCR, ESR, tests to rule out arthritis, multiple sclerosis and others. Basically, I continue like this, getting progressively worse.

I currently use dozens of supplements and I’m still feeling bad, it seems like there’s nothing stopping it. Suicidal thinking is constant in me.

I was an extremely smiling, fun person, everyone enjoyed my company. Now I pretty much just stay at home. I stand for 1 to 2 hours and my knees and feet burn.

I gave up going to the gym due to the progressive worsening of my muscles and I’m currently doing acupuncture because it’s calmer.

I would just like a report from someone who has gone through this and is now fine.
Hope.

1 Like

b族维生素似乎会因为甲基化引起不良反应,小心

1 Like