Sorghum increases 5a-reductase!

It seems that the Sorghum increases 5a-reductase! Seems to have an increase in libido and other mental and physical effects. I wonder if it’s a good idea to try it in cases like me that have AR overexpression. But I have not yet figured out if our problem is 5AR inhibited, the Receptor Androgen or Ligand? :confused::confused::confused:

http://anabolicapex.com/2016/04/18/sorghum-and-sorghum-grain-wheat-flour/

1 Like

Can we order it online ?

1 Like

Hey @Rmoney96 I can’t find something to link to right now but I’m certain that someone significantly worsened their condition with Sorghum.

Can I suggest nobody run a personal experiment with Sorghum until a few people have contributed to this topic. This isn’t new information.

1 Like

Thanks man, does this change what we think about the receptor theory ?

There is already a thread on this.

2 Likes

There none study that confirm that sorghum increase DHT

anyone tried ?.. i mean what bad could happen from sorghum flour or there is something to be aware of ?

It has caused a severe crash in someone. There are some bad experiences written about here. Search “sorghum & crash”.

The same crash with creatine and TRT., if it is true that there are crash with sorghum is because it is true that rise DHT.

1 Like

I tried sorghum for about 3 months the first year I after I crashed. 4 pills a day, 2 in the morning 2 at night for 60 days. I forgot to order more pills so I had a couple weeks in between but did 2 pills a day for another 30 days.

I can’t say I noticed any difference. But I also didn’t have any negative effects so based on that I don’t think it would hurt to try. Never read about the crashes though so maybe it is risky? I have PAS

1 Like

I can’t seem to find this anecdote of someone crashing after taking sorghum.

Sorghum should be eaten as grain like normal food, I mean like eating any beans, no pills, also people do crazy thing and when the crash come they blame sorghum or other supplement that maybe it is not the cause.
But I recommend to be 101% sure that it is not a DHT inhibitor before to get into it. and if it is a promoter the amount should be carefully regulated.

Demon

Find a reliable source, http://anabolicapex.com it is not.
find a real study.
I found 2 studies but contradict each other.
This one said that is an ihibitor

This one said that increased DHT

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251603402_5a-Reductase_type_1_inhibition_of_Oryza_sativa_bran_extract_prepared_by_supercritical_carbon_dioxide_fluid
You need to download the pdf file and look for s. bicolor it mean sorghum bicolor.
This last study seem more robust, but we need another study to confirm it.

So there are different grain sorghum varieties with different amounts of polyphenols and plant-sterols which give them their distinct colors. Sorghum flour is usually made with white or yellow varieties which probably means they could have fewer antiandrogenic compounds. The first article was testing an extract made from a specially cultivated variety of sorghum “Donganme” developed by the National Institute of Crop Science of Korea for higher antioxidant content and yield. Its seeds are notably more darker red compared to a naturally red cultivar in Korea.

http://www.koreabreedjournal.org/journal/view.html?uid=342&&vmd=Full

For the second article, they didn’t specify which sorghum variety was used.

Yes It does, both article used the same "sorghum bicolor " ( S. bicolor ).

ll_amp_Prosper

Again that graph don’t tell me anything it is in the last research that I found.
Any other research ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but sorghum bicolor is the species and there are different cultivars of the grain.

1 Like

Yes there are others, but in both research the used the same S. bicolor, one say that it is an inhibitor another say it it is a promoter.

The first article is investigating a new sorghum, as per the article I linked, using an extract of a special cultivar called “Donganme,” bred in 2012 by the National Institute of Crop Science in Korea. The seeds have a deep red color and have much higher antioxidant content.

Compared to the sorghum used in my Bob Redmill Sorghum flour which gives off a very light beige to yellow color. There seems to be big difference between the two. I can only assume the variety used in my the flour is the same common variety investigated in the second article.

So yes they both fall under sorghum bicolor, but there are different varieties of it.