Sorghum increases 5a-reductase!

Here is the source of that graph.

ll_amp_Prosper
Do you really believe in a blog ? I believe in medical studies publications and sometimes I doubt about it.

2 Likes

Sorry, I will do a new member post, but right now this is more important for me. Yesterday evening I ate some sorghum (bought from a health store), following the instructions on the pack and eating it like porridge. When I went to bed, I noticed that my sexual side effects seems to have worsened, going back to how they were maybe a year ago. Back then I could barely manage an erection and when I did it didn’t last long. I have improved since then without getting close to pre-PFS. The only other things I did different yesterday to normal was I had a tablespoon on baking powder in water to see how that affected me (seemed to improve my concentration) and I have been eating dessicated liver tablets for the past couple of days on top of my usual multivits. Last year I experienced a bad reaction to creatine, which also spike DHT. So if sorghum is the cause of the sexual regression, what does that mean for my PFS? And is there something I can do to counteract the effect of the sorghum, some other food or supplement to lower DHT to see if that brings improvement?

I got PFS from taking 1mg of finasteride per day for 2 months and crashed around 13 months ago. I will fill in my member story, but right now I am freaking out a bit about getting worse.

1 Like

Research is going on … Eating something Natural in your Diet won’t harm … So at least you can give it a try

Natural things can be harmful. Much as some people have allergies to common foods, some people here have had their sensitivities changed through their experience with prescription drugs.

I eat been eating sorghum for a few day to see any reaction or crash, and nothing bad happened yet, my libido, erection and mood are not affected.

I crash with Creatine before, in my opinion anything that rise suddenly DHT cause a reaction to our brain that is already adapted to a very low levels of DHT.

Seem that PFS is a reaction to a suddenly increase of DHT.

I have megadosed zinc for the past 4 days (90mg per day) to try to counteract the DHT spike. I cannot say if the zinc is responsible but I do seem to have returned closer to my pre-sorghum baseline

what were the symptoms of your crash?

I used to eat sorghum - made pancakes out of the flour and ate the boiled grains with butter. Can’t say I noticed any difference.

I would add that creatine made me crash, r-andro made me suicidal. But hcg+trt has helped a lot. Not sure what to make of it