Something to Try for Insomnia

Here’s something to try for those dealing with insomnia. I don’t have chronic insomnia but I do get it from time to time. I tried meditation music, melatonin and bunch of other stuff when I get insomnia and those seem to work sometimes for me.

I’ve been doing this for the last 2 nights only and it’s helped put me to sleep after staying awake for hours.

Get up and walk or stay in one position and walk for 5 minutes
I also move my arms when walking for 5 minutes. (I’m normally stationary in one spot)
Go back and lie down for 10 to 15 minutes
If you’re not asleep yet repeat the same thing till you fall asleep
I believe I did this around 3 times before I completely fell asleep and didn’t notice a thing.

Something for those with insomnia to try

1 Like

I would say this is a good idea to try.

I had some sleeping problems years ago (nothing like this) and was given the advice to get up and do something else if I didn’t think I was going to get to sleep.

So maybe get up, do some tidying, read a bit of a book or something and then go back to bed.

Getting frustrated in bed may well be counter productive.

Try this Greek just keep on repeating it till you fall asleep the last couple of nights I didn’t even notice when I fell asleep after doing this. But my legs do feel a bit sore from this after waking up, I also haven’t been to the gym in ages.

I was going to wait longer and try it more often before posting but I know a lot are dealing with insomnia so I hope this helps.

I use to get up and work for a few hours till I was too tired that I couldn’t work, but this works better I think.

My insomnia sucks. I promise to try this to the word tonight if I can’t sleep and I’ll report back my results if you want.

Its literally harmless. Not a fan of melatonin so be great if it works, do you do this often?

1 Like