Someone With Money? ... PLEASE go see this doctor!!!

Awor is actively looking into methylation as the source of our problems with PFS. this doctor, Dr Amy Yasko, is literally the pioneer of treating the methylation cycle and is the leading expert in the field. I’m not sure how much she charges, but it’s upwards of $500 I’m pretty sure…it maybe more though.

She treats autistic children, but her primary goal is to treat the METHYLATION cycle.

All of you people preaching to the choir about donating to the cause of awor, for the love of god someone see her. She is the best expert in the field and I would so be there, but there’s no way I can afford it right now. Someone do it please!!!

dramyyasko.com

Awor, Awor, Awor…androgen insensitivity and now this. I am correct and stating that he is not even a doctor correct? What exactly is he “looking into”?

Awor has been one of the single most important people on the planet in advancing our cause, so let us not forget that. He is working closely with researchers if I understand correctly. Everything he does and has done is a blessing for everyone here.

Forgive me for my lawyer ways…what has he done? Who are the researchers? What has been discovered?

pfsfoundation.org … none of us guys on this forum have the real answers to your questions finatruth

guys this isn’t a discussion about what awor is doing. yes, he’s been doing a great job in trying to figure out what is wrong with us, but the point i was trying to get across is that the condition he is trying to treat (methylation problems), this is the number one doctor in the field for this type of condtion… it make ssense someone should pursue her and see if her treatments could help, why recreate the wheel or whatever the saying is?

Bryce, unless I’ve missed something of Awor’s work, I’m not sure it’s related to Dr. Yasko’s. He may have mentioned methylation with respect to epigenetics. But the “methylation cycle” is different.

One of the outputs of the methylation cycle is indeed to produce SAMe to facilitate methylation functions in the body. But there are hundreds of these functions – facilitating epigenetic modifications is only one of them. In epigenetics, methylation is just the tool by which the modification may get made – it’s the specific modification itself that (in the theory) is screwing us up.

This isn’t to say there isn’t value to working with Dr. Yasko, or that the methylation cycle may not be involved somehow in PFS. At least I and one other member of the group have low glutathione, a sign of oxidative stress and something that has connections to the methylation cycle. But unless I’ve missed something, it isn’t related to Awor’s theory?

Can you eloborate more on Awor’s work and how methylation is involved in what he is trying to do? I assumed he was looking into how finasteride changed our DNA expression, rendering our methylation cycle to change and not function correctly?

So to improve Methylation should we be supplementing with large amounts of B12 Methylcobalamin? (like 5000mcg daily)

The methylation that awor is invloved with and the methylation from mthfr and the methylation cycle are similar but really completely different work.

I have a consultation lined up w a Dr who works with Dr Yako and does the same stuff. She said she has 27 pages of info for me on my genome. Ive been trying to save up a measly $50 to have the consult with her but havnt really been able to w student loans lately.