Someone here has Persistent Side effects with avodart?

I wonder how many people here on the forum, who never took propecia and developed irreversible side using Avodart.

Avodart is basically a “stronger” 5AR inhibitor - so it’s perfectly possible to develop persistent side effects using just Avodart.

I don’t know how many people here just used Avodart, but I bet there’re not too many. Doctors normally start with finasteride because it’s more selective than dutasteride. While finasteride just inhibits 5AR type 2 (more recently they found out that it inhibits 5AR type 3 as well), dutasteride inhibits 5AR type 1 and 2 (and 3, I suppose).

Could you please tell what’s the purpose of your question?

Because one friend used propecia and had every side effects including Shrinkage, so he decided to switch to avodart and had no side effects. I think maybe the problem is with the substance finasteride by Merck. I like to do a survey of persistent effects with avodart.

I don’t believe that avodart users are any safer. With regards to my own sides I’ve searched for similar experiences from other 5ar inhibitor users & came across this: hairadd.com/hair-loss-causes/3577.html

1 Like

A few weeks ago i foolishly started taking Avodart (dutasteride 0.5 mg) after quitting propecia. IMHO Avodart is a more potent version of finasteride and even though i only used Avodart for a few weeks (just 1 pill weekly) it made me feel horrible ie constantly depressed, moody, felt like beating up everyone etc. Luckily i stopped before the symptons got worse. One piece of good advice i can give is that after you stop taking finasteride/dutasteride, you should aim to do as much cardio exercise (eg running, rowing, swimming) as possible in an attempt to restore your natural hormonal balance and to get your testerone juices flowing again. Of course exercising alone probably won’t get rid of all the sides but at least you will be doing your body some good after the abuse you inflicted upon it by taking finasteride.

My problem is lower libido and testicular pains persistent, symptoms improve every 15 days, but very little, calculating: Can I get a few more five years impotent. This is depressing :cry:.

I took both.

From 30 to 33 I took fin. Had hard core endo crash right after stopping fin. Don’t remember the mental side effects, but sexually I was never the same.

from 35 to 38 I took Avodart, loaded up on it at first and then only once a month.

Avodart endo and mental crash was completely different than on fin. This time the crash seemed to come much slower and more delayed…and this time my mind got affected severely.

Slowly I could not read and write, could not understand conversations, completely short term and long term memory loss, severe depression and anxiety, suicidal thoughts, complete empty brain, like an airhead, like there was no brain between my ears, a disconnect from my brain to my brain. My body felt like an 80 year old, complete numb genitals and the word sex has been removed from my brain.

I am 40 now and I feel much better after getting on clomid and getting vitamin D3 levels back to normal. My DHT levels are still at crashed levels, even though I tripled my tes…But I have good days and bad days. Today is a bad day and my brain is not functioning right now. I have a very difficult time writing this post right now. It helps me getting on this forum, reading and writing.

I think with fin there is some forgiveness, but there is no forgiveness with dutasteride, its so powerful and it has such a long half life that it will destroy your soul and body. By soul some of you know what I am talking about.

1 Like

Dut crushed me… I know exactly what you’re feeling…it’s a whole new level of hell… never had issues w fin.