Some videos to cope

I’ll post here videos that helped me when I was at my lowest point. Feel free to reply with videos, shows, music that have helped you.

The surprising science of happiness

It is a great video to watch especially if you are at your lowest point, to understand that things will not always be this way.

Sam Harris on Free will

This video helped me manage regret. Most people would prefer free will to be a real thing, but for me, and probably for many people who have made bad decisions such as taking finasteride, it would be a relief to know that almost certainly free will is an illusion.

To forget about the whole finasteride issue, I have also enjoyed a lot watching monologues. especially the following comedians, you probably know them:

• Jim Jefferies (his cynical style is great to watch when you are in the middle of a depression).
  • Dave Chappelle, he has many specials on netflix.
3 Likes

Great suggestions man I’ll check those out. If you’re looking for some good comedians btw I highly enjoy Chris D’elia, Theo von, and Nate bargatze.

1 Like

This may help with life’s ups and downs and daily tribulations but probably not so much with serious health issues.

1 Like

Check Patrice O’neal

2 Likes

Amazing speech. Putting God first isn’t about religion it’s about staying humble and keeping our egos in check.
The power of helping others and giving back.
He finishes the speech with positive affirmations, giving thanks for what we have. We have all lost something from getting PFS, whether it be time or money spent on trying to heal or ongoing changes to our health that have changed our lives.

2 Likes

How To Stop Ruminating

Ruminating is simply repetitively going over a thought or a problem without completion. By doing this you are sending a message to your brain that the thought is important, so your brain sends more of these types of thoughts. The problem lies when the thoughts are negative. So negative thoughts of the past can lead to depression while thoughts of the future can lead to anxiety.

1 Like

I recently watched again the movie Cast Away. Watching this movie while having PFS gives the film a whole new dimension. A guy lost in an inhabited island, struggling to keep going, and not knowing if he will ever be saved. Trying to find reasons to go on with life. Such a familiar story.
I like one of the sentences that Tom Hanks says by the end of the movie:
“Gotta keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide could bring”.

3 Likes

I found the scene I was talking about. These four minutes are great :point_down:

2 Likes

If you want a change here is an opportunity to experience a live online concert by one of the best orchestras in the world.

Now that someone mentioned that the user @thetigershull is recovered, I have checked the messages I exchanged with him, and there aren’t many, but one of them is a motivational video I sent him.

I sent him the video when he created a topic saying that he would kill himself. First I sent him a message and got no answer, then I sent him the video, and told me that was one of the most inspiring videos he had watched. I told him to watch it every morning. Here’s the video if you want to watch it:

It’s simple but it helps a lot with motivation.

1 Like

Nice optimistic video about CRISPR. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it:

Something to remind us why we fight so much to be here

4 Likes
1 Like

I attach here a link to one inspirational video that Ive seen recently which viewing may help some sufferers to better cope, motivate themselves, get inspired… everybody will take a different (I believe only positive) message/s from it

3 Likes

Weekly TV show in the UK on male depression/suicidal thoughts.

I watched this show it’s based in London. They have a 24 hour unit that guys could go to when they felt v suicidal. Some of them go to the unit regularly for help and stay longer. Most important is that they sought help and many of them are in their 20s. Watching it may help you feel more open about getting support. With depression alone suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

1 Like

Bump, Thanks guys for posting the above, its definetly a good idea to keep this up.