Social media/media outreach

Hey beautiful people!!

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe. I know lots of us have some spare time on our hands now as of recent events so there goes one major excuse not to contribute. I’m not going to blabber on about the impact this could have as I’ve already done this several times.

Thought I would reach out again. If anyone is looking to do something that will make a huge change for us we need you more than ever. Most of what we can do is on a standstill now because of Clovid-19, but this is one aspect which could have a lot more impact at this time. Literally everyone is online right now, this gives a much greater audience if we can get this done.

Someone mentioned people are not contributing because of the shame and stigma associated with this disease. I don’t see this as a roadblock. I see this as an unrealistic emotion that any single person here can overcome. We are not weak. We have been through more than most people could even imagine in their lifetime. Most things that we are embarrassed of just come from a perceived way in which we think we will be viewed.

Look at it this way. If anyone you knew was suffering from this then would you think they should be ashamed? Never. Unless you’re a terrible person and then you don’t really count anyway. The only thing people should ever feel ashamed of is doing ill towards others. Eg massive drug corporations. Do you think they feel shame for the thousands they have killed? No they don’t. It’s all about perspective.

Please don’t worry about this effecting your career, unless you work for Merck. I know this is debatable for some but the actual likely hood of this effecting anything is so close to nothing and the idea has just been perpetuated on this board and spread by fear. I’m not here to debate this so don’t bother rebutting me. You don’t need to defend yourself, I know your side already. Your feelings are valid and relevant to me just not likely or realistic in most cases.

If you are worried please know you can make a video submit and pull out anytime you want. Everything will be completely under wraps and you won’t have to tell anyone else here you submitted, just let us know of your reservations. I think most people will find once they have recorded that they are proud of what they have done and will want people to know. If not that’s fine also.

For anyone willing to participate including the ones that have already stepped forward, I will buy/send you a lighting/iPhone stand setup to make it look better. But you have to agree to at least make the video (with the option of withdrawing). I don’t know if this will help but I don’t mind if it encourages anyone who is thinking about it.

Love you all,
:heart:

4 Likes

@bunny88 is very correct here. If this is the obstacle preventing you from contributing to the YouTube project then please reconsider. The idea that you would be penalised for having a chronic illness is completely nonsensical. Even in the highly, highly unlikely event that an employer did decide to take action, any penalty issued would almost certainly fall into the category of unlawful dismissal, making it very illegal.

3 Likes

Thanks @SkinDiesel :grin:

1 Like