Sleep problems from first pill

Is it common amongst people here to have persistent problems without a crash. Took 1mg felt fine no anxiety or depression but my sleep has been terrible taking benadryl tonight hope that will help, it has been 2 days

Hi Ojay,

Please do not take any more finasteride or other 5ar inhibiting substance.

Sleep problems are very common here, sadly.

As you are now 2 days off, finasteride is now out of your system. You cannot now taper, do not take any more.

The likelihood is that you will be fine.

1 Like

The question you asked is very important, i for instance, experienced no “crash” but semen volume problem. After 4 years, i start to experience or maybe realized other sexual symptoms. And i knew people who have single or few sexual symptoms instead of full crash. I think we are more rare than crashed people.

Woke up at 1:30 maybe got 3 hours sleep skin is flabby and I’m shaking, shaking could be from the benadryl?

Unlikely. Sorry.

Did sleep ever get better for you?

Yes. My Sleep has never been as bad as the first few months after my crash.

It’s still not good but I can expect 5+ hours a night. I always wake up at least once in the night but I can often get back to sleep quite easily.

Sleep commonly improves here.

Did you take percription medicine to start?

I have taken nothing for sleep ever. I took some supplements for a while but don’t think they helped and don’t take anything now.

How long did it take you to get 5 hours sleep, do you have a job?

Yes I have a job. It took a few months for my sleep to improve. I can’t remember exactly how long. There have been times since where it’s been better and worse. I can expect 5 hours sleep and to then be able to sleep for 1-4 hours more depending on a variety of circumstances.

If I don’t get better will I crash or just stay the same with minor improvement over time from your experiences on this forum.