Sleep Improvement - for those who wake at night and then go back to sleep

Hi out there, 2 months after stopping fin I still suffer from insomnia. First 3-4 hours I get normal sleep and after that I wake up and rest of the night is a phase of being half asleep and half awake… often having the feeling of being full of adrenaline.
My dopamine, serotonin and noradrenalin was tested low. Melatonin was normal.
Has anybody tested Melachron 3mg? It’s 1/3 fast releasing and 2/3 slow releasing melatonin.
Thanks for any advice

has anyone taken zopiclone for sleep?

I took it… made me depressed the next day. Not really a great drug at all. It only gives me a couple hours of sleep.

Just a quick note… 2 things that work for me for sleep. Liftmode sleep caps and Phenibut. Both must be used very carefully. I use each once a week at this point. As you know Phenibut can be highly addictive and has a nasty withdrawal. I took a Liftmode Sleep Cap last night and it nearly knocked me off my feet. Very strong stuff.

Maybe I can bring some hope with my good news story:
After stopping finasteride I was suddenly unable to sleep longer than 5 hours for 2 months (in 2017). But in the 3rd month I naturally recovered :grinning:

Guess my sleep problems (or more accurately early wake up problems) were after all just caused by stress because I discovered finasteride gave me permanent ED. Probably bad habits like checking the clock when I woke up worsened things. I had sleep therapy which helps a little bit. (Mainly preventative; surely no wonders.)

Hope this might reassure people a bit. Unfortunately this does not apply to everyone but in some cases insomnia is just caused by… worrying about insomnia.

Hey everyone thought I would post a new experience for me, I’ve started trialing marijuana/weed as a way to improve my sleep.

I will preface this with acknowledging that weed may have some 5ar-I properties that have been previously discussed on the forum and some members have reported worsening following weed use. Caution should be taken if you have severe reactions to what are usually relatively innocuous substances (regarding 5ar-I activity).

That being said I’ve used it twice now the first time i had a good sleep for me following its use about 6 hours (while camping in the cold). However last night I smoked about 1/4 of a joint a few hours before bed, it was primarily an Indica strain. The high itself was quite nice even though I can sometimes be prone to mild anxiety with weed, however more importantly I had an awesome sleep last night one of the best since getting PFS about 8 months ago. I got around 7 hours uninterrupted then another 2 after (my baseline is 2.5-4.5 hours per night). I feel well rested today!

It is early days but will update after a few more nights using. Once again be cautious with any substance and also this is early days for me to clearly decide if weed is helpful with my sleep routine.

Cheers

After 1 year of pfs I sleep well. I sleep 8 hours only days.

1 Like

Do you wake up refreshed though

No…

Hey guys I have also have decent improvement in sleep after a year of pfs I can sleep 6 to 7 hour and waking up rested not like pre fin but definitely better hydroxyzine was a great help

1 Like