Sleep deprivation, 5ar and insomnia

this is a study I found that then I turned into treatment.
Basically given you have enough progesterone to convert to allopreg, sleep deprivation can increase 5ar activity in the brain through I suppose better conversion of prog to allopreg. This helped me alot with my sleep, BUT you will feel like shit and like a zombie, its something similar to fasting but even worse and more dangerous imo. This would only help people that have allopregnanolone deficiency I guess, because their 5ar2 is not converting neurosteroids properly.

now i can sleep fully uninterrupted 5 to 7 hours no matter what time I go to bed.

Do not deprive yourself from sleep more than 5-7 days, having worked for me doesnt mean it will work for you and it CAN make you worse, I know exactly what my condition is and its 5ar2 deficiency, which means reduced DHT and reduced neurosteroids that 5ar2 converts.

Also I THINK 5ar2 works differently in each tissue, meaning that upregulating 5ar2 in the brain will not upregulate 5ar2 at the genital region although thats just an observation rather a conclusion

3 Likes

Interesting sometimes I feel better for a short time if I miss a nights sleep.

I wonder if there are any drugs that can have the same effect on the body as missing a nights sleep ?

1 Like

5ar uregulating substances i guess :thinking:

1 Like

So you’re saying sleep deprivation = increased allo?

5ar upregulation in the brain so more allo i suppose too through better conversion. You need to have “healthy” progesterone levels though. Some people might have their progesterone pathways compromised

1 Like

Guess I should get progesterone tested before trying this

You could try drinking coffee instead of sleeping for a few days, see what happens