Since stopping fin, have you guys experienced hair loss again?

Hey all, it’s been a while since I posted. As I indicated on my last post, I have seen definite progress, but I wouldn’t quite say 100%. I’ll make a post about that later.

Anyway, have you all started losing hair again since PFS? One thing I noticed is that my hair is rapidly falling out again. I’m just trying to figure out a correlation between hair loss and PFS. Obviously the majority of us started fin because we suffered hair loss (which was assumed to too much DHT).

There are a number of threads on this. Try doing a search for them. It seems to vary, some people stop losing hair, some start losing it again but more slowly, and some go back into full shedding mode.

1 Like

in my case, not much oily hair & skin. less shedding. slow beard & body hair growth speed. (2 years after my cold turkey & left untreated/natural recovery which sucked)

Losing hair without inhibiting DHT would be to expected. Your hair loss is continuing where it naturally left off.

I don’t think the reason for our hair loss was natural because it’s definitely not natural for people in their early 20’s/late teens to lose hair which is a high amount of people on this forum. There’s lots of reasons for hairloss besides natural including bad diet, thyroid, metal toxicity, etc.

I have a sneaking suspicion that that our initial hair loss was being caused by some unknown, rogue, or random disease and then by putting propecia in our body activated PFS.

OMG can this merck rep be banned.

i live at home with my parents and i’m 23… if you really want me to prove my identity, then mew is free to message me and i can prove it to him… toadstool knows who i am as well, same as other random people on the forum who i don’t know their usernames… tim, its pretty sad your sinking to this level…

Ok bryce keep up with the forum then. They have found a difference at the molecular level that is different from controls and normal hypogonadal males.
You dont have to keep spamming your bullshit everywhere, as it has nothing to do with it(the cause of pfs).

I cant wait for the publication to come out so all you clowns will just, put a sock in it, to put it nicely.

look man, i understand that you don’t agree with what i post for whatever reason… but the reason i do it is because i’ve seen improvements with what i’m actively doing… its just sad that you think its some conspiracy or something when its not… like how people with cancer change their diet and live longer… ugh, just blows my mind how you are trying to further create more chaos/negativity through a forum of people trying to get better by knocking whatever i say down… i’m kinda speechless at this point tbh…

Dude… don’t bother addressing the negativity. That’s his deal not yours. Lol @ the idea of being a “Merck rep” simply for holding an opinion that is unpopular. The interwebs are an amusing/depressing place.

Negativity/Truth, we all have different interpretations. [Size=4]Dude[/size]!!!

Exercise and healthy diet are life in general things, i have been doing it for atleast 10 years, its not just cancer patients that it benifits/extends life.

Pfs is independent of this.

And about hairloss, it can start anytime after puberty, when t is converted to dht at a higher rate.

I mean, that’s all well and good but I think we could find ways to disagree without necessarily being disagreeable.

Male Pattern Baldness is a natural process just as going grey is a natural process. The speed of this depends on an individual’s individual biochemistry. The thyroid disorder you mention comes with other side-effects and is not limited to the crown and frontal areas of male heads.

Human life spans have fluctuated a lot in the last 10,000, years being as low as 18 during the Bronze Age and 30-40 as late as the early 20th Century (source: The Primal Blueprint). Shifting the frame of reference changes the need to view MPB occurring at a young age as something strange.

Yes, male pattern baldness is a natural process, just like everything in the body is a natural process, but it is being further exacerbated by environmental factors, like you said based on an individual’s biochemistry. An individual’s biochemistry can be changed/altered based on the environmental factors of that person, do you agree with that?

I mean, I really can’t tell you the cause or what happened exactly because of how little we actually know about men’s hair loss, there’s so many cross mechanisms taking place and to say that it’s in our genes with no other explanation seems like an easy way out to me. That’s just my personal opinion, but I see what you are saying. It honestly doesn’t even matter because until we actually know what’s going on we are both just talking about something that is based on theory and not really 100% known for sure if it’s genes or other things.

Some things that come to my mind are how asians keep a lot of their hair and how they have a diet of high iodine with eating sea vegetables, and iodine supplies the raw materials needed to run the thyroid efficiently. It’s just random things like that that are in my head.

Do some research and perhaps order will come to your thoughts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgenic_alopecia

The approximate count of men in the USA alone suffering from androgenic alopecia is 35,000,000 out of an estimated 104,000,000 total in the USA.

There was a lot of arguing in this thread about hairloss causes, pfs, and correlation rather than objective answers to the initial question.

I am very curious to know - for those who have been off finasteride now for 6 months or more…did you have massive hairloss and revert back to the supposed stage you would have been had you never taken the drug? It would be nice for a dozen guys or so to simply answer that question.

I am really questioning now Merck’s claim that within 9 months to 1 year, a man who has taken finasteride for years (and still has a semi-full head of hair) could be completely bald!!???

I am also kicking myslef in the a** since finast is not really proven to stop hairloss in the frontal region (where my hairloss is) and I took it for 13 years. Maybe finasteride wasn’t keeping that hair at all and I am almost exactly where I would have been without the drug???

Anyone…?

Since stopping fin - did you lose hair?

How long did it take for the HairLoss to Begin?

How much hair have you lost?

at first, no i stopped losing hair. i didn’t lose hair for about 2 years post fin. after i’ve done extensive diet changes… my hair has been falling out a lot more recently. it started happening as soon as i added digestive enzymes to my leaky gut diet along with high quality probiotics. but the extra hair falling out hasn’t brought me back to regular quite yet… i’m guessing it takes more time…

thanks Bryce - that is odd that it takes much longer than Merck says for most men to start losing hair again.

i am skeptical about the “catch-up hair loss”

however, putting things into perspective, hairloss has fallen WAYYYY down the list of priorities now for me - i just want to keep my sex life - if i can do this - i will happily become a bald man now at 35 years old!!!

yeah merck didn’t say propecia would ruin my life and many people’s lives here either on the side effect list… yet it did. merck is a bunch of liars and they destroyed and tore many healthy men apart for the sake of money… digusting pigs.

yeah, i’m positive everyone on this forum… age 16 all the way to 60’s are happy to go bald now… me included.