Shampoo Causing Crash?

So I’m still trying to save my hair because I’m a pretty unattractive dude otherwise and it’s the last thing I have going for me. So before you tell me to stop, don’t, because I get it. But now having PFS, it just makes me want to keep my hair even more.

That out of the way, I just started using a shampoo called Keep It Anchored that I was careful about screening for fin/ketoconazole/saw palmetto that definitely affects my PFS. Right after use I feel rejuvenated and younger, but I’ve noticed my fatigue levels increasing, insomnia getting worse, anxiety and suicidal ideations skyrocketing, and irritability on the rise. I’m also having the lovely panic attacks after an hour or two of horrible sleep again. What could be the issue in the list of ingredients here?:

WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, ZINC CARBONATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, ZINC PYRITHIONE, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, FRAGRANCE, SODIUM XYLENESULFONATE, HYDROCHLORIC ACID, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CAFFEINE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, NIACINAMIDE, PANTHENOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, HYDROLYZED SILK, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

Is it the zinc pyrithione? I searched these forums for any adverse effects to it but didn’t find anything. Maybe the caffeine? Any other ideas?

1 Like

You should google every ingredient and check if it’s anti androgenic.

Btw you have safe options for hairloss.

1. Hair system, look them up, they’re good.
  2. (multiple) transplants. Cheap in Turkey too
1 Like

Yeah I went through each one individually on this forum and didn’t find anything. Google is a whole different beast with so many results that are most often completely unrelated to what I’m looking for.

Dude… The symptoms you described sounds exactly like PFS people who went back on fin and got a temporary rebound before an even worse crash.

That said, I have used caffeinated shampoo a few times after my PFS crash and it did cause some weird reactions (More joint popping noises, more tinnitus).
I stopped using the shampoo and it went back to normal.

Zinc pyrithione seems like the only ingredient that sticks out. The dermatologist I saw a few years ago told me to use head and shoulders shampoo because it had it in there. She told me it could lower dht but I’m not sure if it could cause PFS.

I would also really like to keep my hair especially at 22 but my life’s already been destroyed enough and I’m afraid of making it even worse. I guess a hair transplant would be our best option

Not worth it, dude. Your health is more important.
Let it go.

Seems likely, I don’t know about lowering DHT but a quick glance at the Wikipedia page and you can clearly see it’s quite potent, and maybe not in a good way.

• Zinc pyrithione can trigger a variety of responses, such as DNA damage in skin cells.

Piroctone olamine is another candidate.

2 Likes

the thing that got me in this mess was licorice root shampoo. It took me months to figure out. Had to figure out when symptoms started then looked through my amazon orders over the past few months to figure it out. There was also a gap between the last time i had sex and the next time after using the shampoo for a few weeks. Basically I couldn’t keep an erection without physical stim. It became a sprint to put a condom on LOL. Never in my life did that happen. Basically a year later I fully crashed after MB12/vit A supps and weed.

Would the zinc oxide from sunscreens trigger a similar response?

It shouldn’t be a problem with oxides, but Wikipedia states the following.

• Researchers working on the safety of zinc oxide in sunscreens found that although zinc oxide on its own was a safe UV absorber, in sunscreen formulations containing other UV absorbers, zinc oxide caused photodegradation of small-molecule UV absorbers, which exhibited higher levels of toxicity in embryonic zebrafish assays.

So it really depends on the formulation. Sunscreens are tricky to get a good one tbh.

1 Like