Sexual Side Effects or Depression from Accutane? OR "have heard about it" Let the MHRA know! Only 6 wks left

Let the MHRA know what poison Accutane (Roaccutane, Isotretinoin) is!! (Link Below) The UK government inquiry is only going on until Feb 2nd and as of today ONLY 250 people have responded. 250 is just not enough! It has taken pressure for 6 years from parents of dead and damaged children to even get this far. Part of the excuse they have is that not enough people report it. Imagine if you all men and women flooded them! They are finally considering better labeling. I know, I know…it is not enough. But, with stricter labeling, maybe other countries will follow-including the USA.

If the USA had labels regarding the sexual side effects, my son, my only child. My perfect, but now horribly damaged son-who has a TON of issues-including sexual side effects, would have not been damaged. Help save others like him, in the only way we have open to us right now.

Here is the letter I got from them today. FYI, these links should take you to the 5 question survey. 10 minutes is all I am asking. You can also follow-up with an email to the people running this group. (I will put all the emails below). Need help writing a letter? Well, lucky you, I am a English teacher. A tired, heartbroken one, but I can put together a letter :slight_smile:

Here is the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/isotretinoin-call-for-information-to-be-considered-as-part-of-an-expert-review

Engagement Engagement@mhra.gov.uk

Fri 12/11/2020 10:04 AM

Dear Colleague,

We recently informed you that the Commission on Human Medicines (CHM) and the Isotretinoin Expert Working (IEWG) is reviewing evidence of the possible association between isotretinoin and suspected psychiatric and or sexual disorders. If you are interested in finding out more about the review, further information is available here.

To help us gather information to support the review, we have issued a call for information.

The call for information has now been open for 4 of its 12 week duration and we have received 256 responses. We have received responses from a range of individuals including those who have received isotretinoin, family members or friends of someone who has taken isotretinoin, and from healthcare professionals who have either treated individuals with isotretinoin or have treated suspected side effects of isotretinoin.

We would like to reassure you that all responses to the call for information will be considered by the IEWG who will make recommendation to the CHM. All personal details will be protected.

We have been raising awareness of the review and the call for information through a variety of methods including direct emails, the GOV.UK webpage, an article in our bulletin Drug Safety Update and on social media. So far, the responses indicate that all of these routes are reaching people.

If you haven’t already done so, we would encourage you to consider contributing to the isotretinoin: call for information which is open until 2 February 2021 .

We are particularly interested in the views of those who live in the UK but will also accept contributions from those living outside the UK.

We would appreciate it if you could share information about the review and the call for information with anyone who you think may be interested.

If you require further information, please email MHRACustomerServices@mhra.gov.uk.

Kind Regards,

Patient, Public and Stakeholder Engagement team
Communications division
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 4PU
Telephone: 0203 080 6000
Email: engagement@mhra.gov.uk
Stay connected: mhra.gov.uk/stayconnected

5 Likes

Everyone on here who hasn’t already please complete the on line form it only takes seconds. As we know this drug has a very similar side profile to finasteride. This is in everyone’s interest

3 Likes

Everyone on this forum needs to complete this ASAP. The questions are fairly general and even if you suffer from pfs or pssd, it’s worth completing.

3 Likes

We ALL can tell them what it is like to deal with these issues.
My son will attach his Youtube video. This is a Life Sentence. They need to know.
I personally recommended they only prescribe to over 18 year olds-as then they are grown and it catches the “most severe cases”. I would prefer a BAN, but they are not looking at that.