Severe Symptoms of Hyperhistaminemia after Treatment with Tretinoin (all-trans Retinoic Acid)

Severe Symptoms of Hyperhistaminemia after the Treatment of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia with Tretinoin (all- trans Retinoic Acid)

This is what im looking at right now. I might have been a little off with some of my thoughts(I might still be).
When I got really sick I told myself I feel like I need to sneeze but can’t, or I feel like I need to cough but cant. These are histamine receptor 1 mediated responses.
A overzealous h2 receptor response might be capable of suppressing both th1 and th2 immune responses. One of these fall into the allergy category.

Id also be looking at possible pathological hyper gastric acid secretion,(this dosent mean acid reflux) that could cause inflammation that could affect bowel movements.

Im looking at dosing up to 240mg of pepcid ac per day (h2 blocker)
starting at 40mg twice daily. This is textbook for treatment. This would be far too expensive without generics btw.
Im ruling out ppis because they can be immunosuppressive and im more focused on the possible effects of histamine receptors.
So this is what ill be looking at for the coming weeks/months.

“Although histamine release promotes inflammation, activation of the histamine receptor-2 can suppress a proinflammatory immune response, and blocking histamine receptor-2 with an antagonist could shift the balance more towards immune stimulation”

Just to add to what Im looking at with this as well, histamine seems to be heavily involved in thermoregulation. Have some said they feel they have a lower temperature and feel better with a heat type feeling?
With this article you can see both directions can be defense mechanisms. I think I feel better with a heat type feeling myself as opposed to coldness which can also bring about numbness.

Thermoregulation as a disease tolerance defense strategy

Physiological responses that occur during infection are most often thought of in terms of effectors of microbial destruction through the execution of resistance mechanisms, due to a direct action of the microbe, or are maladaptive consequences of host–pathogen interplay. However, an examination of the cellular and organ-level consequences of one such response, thermoregulation that leads to fever or hypothermia, reveals that these actions cannot be readily explained within the traditional paradigms of microbial killing or maladaptive consequences of host–pathogen interactions. In this review, the concept of disease tolerance is applied to thermoregulation during infection, inflammation and trauma, and we discuss the physiological consequences of thermoregulation during disease including tissue susceptibility to damage, inflammation, behavior and toxin neutralization.

This is an old study, but maybe there is a possible antagonism here between h1 and h2 receptors.
Maybe looking at h1 receptors being pro inflammatory and h2 receptors anti inflammatory or immune stimulation vs immune suppression.

Histamine and histamine receptors: behavioral thermoregulation in the salamander Necturus maculosus.

Low doses (0.01, 0.1 mg/kg, i.p.) of histamine (HA) caused selection of significantly lower temperatures, and higher doses (0.5, 1.0 mg/kg) increased temperatures by mudpuppies in linear thermal gradients. Injection of the HA precursor, L-histidine (500 mg/kg) produced an increase in the temperatures selected. Results from injections of HA H1-receptor agonist (2-pyridylethylamine) and antagonist (pyrilamine), and H2-receptor agonist (dimaprit) and antagonist (cimetidine) had significant effects on thermoregulation; H1-receptors may mediate behavioral hyperthermia and H2-receptors behavioral hypothermia. Responses to these histaminic compounds are significantly influenced by the time of day at which the responses are measured and by season and acclimation temperature. The equivalent behavioral responses in both endotherms and ectotherms to agents which produce physiological hyperthermia and hypothermia are probably behavioral hypothermia (“cold seeking”) and behavioral hyperthermia (“heat seeking”), respectively.

I have considered antihistamines but I’m concerned about weight gain. Have you been hungry on your current dosing protocol?