SEVERE bloating

I have basically gone keto for the last week or two, I already at a good weight, but I have slimmed down. However I have severe bloating still! I have been taking betaine hcl for the last month or two.

The bloating is not normal if I turn form the side, its as If I have a pouch of water in me? Its pretty severe looking?? Any idea what causes this or anyone else have this?

Yep, I have it. I think it is estrogen-related. Luteolin helps me a lot.

actually my blood e2 is low 12 (11-45) I have an estrogenic armpit odor though…

Actually my gut go crazy when E2 is very low in my experience. Estrogen regulates serotonin, which in turn controls intestinal movement. Think of it this way; Serotonin causes gut to move fast and Dopamine makes it move slower. You most likely have gut dysbiosis and eating meat all the time may trigger IBS symptoms including bloating and SIBO.

2 Likes

how would gut dysbiosis be diagnosed??
I went to a gi here in Croatia, and she pretty much laughed me off, and told me to go and enjoy life… She reccomended a “light diet” and probiotics.

That doesn’t mean much. Your tissue expression could be high, or at least high compared to 5 alpha reductase, causing you to have local estrogen dominance and hence, water retention and bloating.

yes this is what I think… I was mentioning that I feel like the body was just recirculating e2 and not excreting it…

Armpits smell VERY estrogenic… almost like burnt sweat and celery?

B.S. most doctors are clueless about this! Antibiotics can certainly induce dysbiosis and wreck havoc in the gut. Among the main criteria for stool donors (used for FMT) is that the donor have never (or rarely) taken antibiotics. Probiotics may help but you should try to find the one that best suits your needs. I see you just received L. Reuteri DSM strain. It’s human derived and helps with constipation but beware not to take too much. It gave me high histamine symptoms and even caused me eczema just like @Mercked had skin itchiness.

Meat particularly red meat, is hard to digest and if you have slow gut motility (transit time) to begin with then you’ll likely experience bloating and constipation.

actually I have been complaining to the doctor for a while about skin itchiness (face/ stomach / shoulders )
I thought this was due to cholestasis issues /some kind of toxin in the blood.
Doc didn’t seem to care and wanted me to take an anti histamine…

I took my first reuteri chewable today…

99.9999% of doctors love Anti-histamines; Corticosteroids & NSAIDs simply because in this day and age “modern medicine” thrives on “treating” the symptoms and never the causes.

Your itchiness is a symptom of something else. Your immune system is in hyper mode causing your mast cells to release more histamine (itchiness). It could be something you’re allergic to or your gut isn’t effective at breaking down extra histamine. Just watch for high histamine symptoms while taking the Probiotic.

1 Like