Setback after smoking cigarettes

I was doing better a lot better the last week or so, feeling at least 60% and that was enough for me as I felt completely happy in life again.
But anyway, I went for a day out at the pub with my friends but avoided alcohol as I have done since my initial crash, but I ended up smoking a few cigarettes as I deemed nicotine was the lesser of two evils in this case, but anyhow, I feel like it has set me back to the beginning again - low libido and poor brain-penis connection + cold/“foreign feeling” genitals have returned. Hoping I’ll get back to that decent baseline soon for which I was very grateful.
Has anyone had any similar experiences with smoking?

1 Like

I don’t smoke but curious to hear others who’ve experienced similar

Feel better brother

1 Like

I think you will get back to where you where very soon.
Here is my experience with smoking. Every time I stop i lose the penis sensitivity even more. Once I start it gets better after 10 cigarettes. I tested it a few times and every time was the same. Well, I know it’s weird. This got me curious and when I did some research I found out that nicotine increases the production of DHT in the body. I don’t smoke regular cigarettes but smokeless ones that deliver nicotine only. No change in libido as it’s almost all the time zero - with and without cigarettes.

1 Like

dont they advertise on the package that smoking cigs can cause impotence?

I smoke and use nictoine on a daily basis alot of it honestly . . Do you really feel like it set you back?? I’ve never had that experience

1 Like

I typically chew tobacco. I find it does effect me negatively. Anxiety mainly. Smoking, however, A does not.

Both make me tired. Same with alcohol - but im certain its because I already have untreated low cortisol for the time being

I used to smoke a lot of tobacco (~10 times a day), but currently down to about 4-5 bowls a day. I don’t think it’s had a negative impact on my symptoms so far (as far as I can tell), and hopefully it stays that way even after I quit. You probably will return to baseline soon.

How about alcohol? Does alcohol sets anyone back? I did drink a lot since having PAS due to compansate with sadness. Now i don’t drink much.

I’ve had a couple of very bad experiences with alcohol; one leaving lasting effects. Obviously that’s anecdotal and others will likely have different stories to tell, but as far as I’m aware I’m not the only one to have experienced negative effects from alcohol consumption.

They’re not related. Textbook false equivalency that is, (in the most generous of interpretations), based on mistaking loose, anecdotal correlation for objective causation.

If nicotine raises DHT it makes sense that it would be a bit of a double-edged sword, raising androgen levels seems to help some of us and hinder others.

1 Like