Seeking COVID advice

All the talk of COVID recently here and I’ve caught it after 2+ years of swerving that mf. Obviously I’m pretty anxious about it worsening my PFS.

They want to give me the antiviral Paxlovid. I’ve read the recent studies re. rebound symptoms.

But how might this interact with PFS? Has anyone taken it?

1 Like

I’m really concerned about this as well. I’ve dodged it so far as well (unless I got it and was asymptomatic).

Hope you stay stable and nothing bad happens brother

1 Like

I don’t understand, did your PFS worsen on its own or are you afraid of getting covid and having to take medication and make your pfs worse?

Hello, I had covid and treated myself with anti-inflammatory when the fever was high. My pfs symptoms did not worsen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never had covid or paxlovid, but I am curious if they are giving you the paxlovid because you have PFS? Or are they letting you have it because of age or some other pre-existing condition?

thanks @Erik. and thanks for the replies everyone. so far it seems to be a fairly mild case :crossed_fingers:. just extremely rundown with a low grade fever and light cough. I opted not to take the antiviral (paxlovid), as I’m not a high-risk individual when it comes to covid.

of course my PFS symptoms are worse right now, as they have been in the past when I’ve been sick. but I have no reason to believe they won’t return to baseline once the virus has run its course.

Get well soon!

1 Like