Seeking advice - Blood Test Results show Low T and Vit. D

Here’s the thread regarding HCG. If you do go down this route, just be careful not to overdose, my endo initially put me on like 4500 IU per week and my Estrogen was through the roof. You want to go low and slow, 250-500 IU 3x per week and adjust as needed. Good luck

Completely agree, everyones situation and circumstance is different, but we are all in this togther and need to do our best to lift eachother up and stay positive. Unfortunately, even though my androgens are back to the high end of the reference range, I am still dealing with zero libido, testicular atrophy, symptoms of low allopregnanlone (anxiety, wired, extremely low tolerance to stress and hypersensitivity to stimulation, etc). Although my progress and recovery is in a positive upward direction, I am very grateful for how far I have come. I have just started playing volleyball with my friends after 2 years of CFS and depression :slight_smile: It does get better, its just very slow and takes time. Hang in there.

You can do that in a single tablet from a bottle that doesn’t need a prescription. It’s not stupid to tell people to be cautious and to look at what’s been advised, who is advising and what happened before.

1 Like

Actually you are right! I just checked and there are pills with 50.000IU available online, holy f…k! Here in Finland we only have 4000IU pills and thats a max…

1 Like

Finfina

clicks fingers ah!

Interesting. I wonder if someone like me would respond well to TRT considering my T is low and it’s mostly just the stubborn sexual sides that I’m suffering from. I’m hesitant though because I’d rather not commit for a lifetime and be dependent on it. Is the consensus that HcG should be tried first?

Most would probably agree that this is the safer approach.

I never advised anyone in any post to take 50,000 IU. If some one is doing that without his doctor’s advice then he is doing that on his own risk. If someone with normal dose of 4000 IU or 5000 IU does not feel well then he should see a doctor for further investigation instead of coming to the forum and spreading fear. I keep my dose 5000 to 6000 usually. Only sometimes when I feel bad (when my muscles and bones are hurting a lot or belly is too big) then I take 9000 or 10,000 IU but then go back to my routine dose of 5000 .
It is idiotic to advise someone not to take VitD if he is low in vitamin D especially after confirmation from his blood work.Everyone here with PFS is low in Vtiamin D. Without vitamin D there is no way to make your bones absorb calcium. With low vitmain D very soon BMD(bone mineral density) will go low. Hip bone will be first to fracture.
Good luck with your self diagnosis/treatment. I dont know how low vitaminD can be fixed without taking it orally.
Finally I am sure one day everyone here would acknowledge that VitD3 is the best treatment for PFS. Our body (liver) is not making VitD (maybe other steroids as well but we don’t know).

1 Like

Saw an endocrinologist and he wants more tests done but it sounds like if my T comes out low again he wants to put me on Clomid. I didn’t mention HcG yet but I wonder what anyone’s thoughts on that is. I’ve only briefly looked into people’s experience with Clomid.

Endo wanted 2 consecutive days of tests done between 8 and 9 AM because that’s when T is highest. Here are the two days of test results of the labs he wanted, over 2 months from last test, taken in the morning this time.

Total T (ng/dL): 843, 614 (300-1080)
% Free T(%): 1.9, 1.8 (1.6-2.9)
T Free(pg/mL): 161, 113 (47-244)
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (nmol/L): 38, 37 (11-80)

And here are tests from November again, taken midday:

Total T: 272 ng/dL (280-800)
Estradiol: 18 pg/mL (14-60)
TSH: .99 mIU/mL (.27-3.5)
Vitamin D: 28 ng/mL (30-80)
FSH: 4.7 mIU/mL (1.4-18.1)
LH: 3.1 mIU/mL (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin: 10.3 ng/mL (2.1-18.0)

Since my Testosterone is in range in the morning I’m worried he is not going to treat me and I’ll be on my own. It’s disheartening to know that my T is in range, at least in the AM. I thought since I have all the symptoms for hypogonadism, low T was it and I could have a case to get on HcG. I might try seeing a urologist. If anyone has any suggestions or insight I’d love to hear.
Best

unless…

I just read on here that L-Arginine works by stimulating the pituitary to release sex hormones so that might be a deceptively elevated T because I hadn’t abstained from supplementing before the blood tests. And it does dip significantly from day 1 to 2, which could be explained by the effects from Arginine waning. Sorry, it’s probably obvious to everyone that I should have stopped supplementing for the period leading up to the tests but I feel dependent on them and didn’t give it much thought.
I still believe my T is low and raising it would either cure me or damn near cure me. I think HcG is my best bet.