Scientists Still Don't Really Know What Causes Acne

Some newer thoughts on this.

Same applies to hairloss. I mean, thereā€™s nothing beyond ā€žhigh DHTā€, DHT sensitivity in the hair follicles and genetics.

In my case saw palmetto for hair loss created scalp acne then accutane hit hard. Still not sexually recovered after 10+ years.

@needacure Interestingā€¦Accutane created scalp acne for me after treatment. Did it happen during saw palmetto or after?

Scientists still donā€™t know shit about a lot of things if you ask me

3 Likes

Looking back Scalp acne appeared only after I started taking saw palmetto (prostex sold online in the uk). I donā€™t have any proof that saw palmetto caused it though. As this article claims nobody knew the cause of it or how to cure it (except accutane and antibiotics). I have seen professors in the UK and in my home country. Accutane did not help with the acne only gave me sexual sides persisting to this day.
I did not have a PFS like crash.

I still have scalp acne today after 10 years.

Thanks I find antibiotics clear it but it comes back.

I have found some success in using anti acne cream on my scalp.

In my case streaks of heavy exercise - running 40-50km/week for a couple of weeks clears them which I find strangeā€¦
Another thing I observed is when they appear sexual sides are less nuanced, corresponds to times during which I feel better.

Iā€™ve given up on shampoos, as shampoo just makes it worse, I use plain water to wash hair now.
Fasting helps my scalp so maybe running provides similar biological responses.

1 Like

We know what causes acne we just donā€™t know why acne happens. What is the benefit of the body for having acne, what is it trying to signal? Our skin is our main signaler of our health and a huge part of attraction.

First of all, people like to think that acne is a ā€œmodernā€ invention which itā€™s not, people had acne since the beginning of time.

Second of all, I think acne mainly says a lot about how our diets are so fucked up and cause hyper inflammation along with messing with our hormones regularly. Because it has gotten more common especially since the 70ā€™s/80ā€™s. Itā€™s actually very similar to hairloss in that itā€™s our bodiesā€˜ natural excrement process involving hormones that gets exaggerated by high levels of inflammation and hormonal unbalances. These cause a pancake effect where the collagen in our skin and hair, our natural protective barrier for hairloss and acne, gets removed AND the causative for acne and hairloss gets exaggerated.

Ever since I took accutane my acne has been permanently weaker. Iā€™m not endorsing that poison, just stating my experience.

1 Like