Saw palmetto working?

Hi everyone,

Today my dermatologist recommended that I use saw palmetto since quitting propecia because of severe sides that have lasted over a month. I looked it up and noticed it’s a DHT inhibitor so I don’t want to use it. Do any of you know any safe alternatives to keep hair?

2 Likes

Don’t ever use saw palmetto that was one of the ingredients that fucked me up in that shampoo I was using.

This was @douglasmich he commit suicide due to the severe damage saw palmetto did to him I’m warning you don’t use it your problem will get much worse.

4 Likes

I am suffering from the sides of SP already 3 years…
Fin=SP
Basically this dermatologist is ignorant, suggesting you to take SP. It is like if he suggests you to take Fin to combat the sides of the Fin you’ve been taking, but he doesn’t realize that lol
Don’t use it!

3 Likes

Actually he got worsen not because of SP, but because of self-experimenting, taking AI and all that crap, he got so much worse that he was saying that if he had his initial sides he could have lived his life withouth complaining. RIP @douglasmich

1 Like

Yeah but at the same time he wouldn’t have been in that situation had he never touched SP, poor guy fought that shit with everything RIP

2 Likes

Finasteride = Saw Palmetto

3 Likes

True! SP pushed him to self-emperiment, out of despair… A lot of us take wrong decisions out of despair.

2 Likes

I’ve woken up hundreds of mornings with my body, mind, dick, and thoughts haunted by that nightmare supplement.

My suggestion is to avoid.

3 Likes

Tell your “doctor” to FUCK OFF.

1 Like

Saw palmetto is what got me there. There are no safe alternatives unfortunately. You can try handstands to increase the bloodflow to the scalp. I’ve heard that cold showers increase bloodflow to the scalp as well. The unfortunate truth is that everything that isn’t antiandrogenic to some degree is probably not effective against AGA. And antiandrogens got us all there, so if you got sides for a month after propecia, you are probably prone to long lasting sides after antiandrogens. Therefore, anything antiandrogenic can be harmful for you in the long run.

2 Likes

So are you saying my brain fog is going to last forever? strong text

No, but if you will try anything antiandrogenic, there is a high risk that the sides are gonna be much worse than you have/had.

1 Like

Stay away from saw palmentto is a 5-ar inhibitor like finasteride, some people get PFS from serenoa repens (saw palmetto).