Saw palmetto PFS sufferer. One year passed, nothing improved

1. Where are you from (country)?
    UK

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    Google

3. What is your current age, height, weight?
    28, 158 lb

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    Yes, gym 3 times a week

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    Meat (chicken breasts, beef), fish, oats, vegs, fruits, nuts. 90% healthy stuff

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    I took Saw palmetto, not finasteride - to treat my hair loss problem.

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    I took SP for around a month or two

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    Cold turkey

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    Saw palmetto

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    twice daily (morning and night) saw palmetto 320mg and beta sitosterol (can’t remember how much mg)

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    I think after a few days I started to feel kind of weird. Like something is not right.

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    I lost interest in sex, weak erections, no morning wood at all, depression, very weak semen, don’t feel emotions as before, overall feel weaker, life isn’t fun anymore

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X] Erectile Dysfunction (I mean kind of - I can somehow raise it, but its not strong)
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[X] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[X] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[X] Confusion
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy - Not severe, but I think it’s getting worse.
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[X] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[X] Frequent urination - always had it because I drink a lot of water (think its normal)
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
    Zinc, magnesium, vitamin D, fish oil, horny goat weed, tribulus, maca, running, working out, avoiding stress (as much as I can)

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
    Don’t have them

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

So, before I took SP I had very high libido, always thinking about sex… I took SP for like a month or two and my libido was going down slowly. Now I have 0 libido and other PFS effects.
I am very worried by now. I remember a year ago I said to myself -“I am pretty sure that in a one year’s time I am going to be back to normal”. One year passed and I haven’t improved at all. Well, a month ago I had a small temporary improvement - had thicker semen and looked kind of healthy, but it only just lasted like 1-2 weeks.
I tried many things and I am running out of options. I feel like I have just lost my life.

2 Likes

Hi, did you ever recover from your Saw Palmetto crash?

@rotrichrich hasn’t signed in since this post. Perhaps a mention will generate him a notification email and they’ll update us. Maybe send a PM.

1 Like

Search him on reddit & etc I think he did have some improvements

“Some improvements” is what most of us get though. I don’t want to speak for everyone, but it seems like this roller coaster is just slight ups and slight downs. I will get excited when someone says "Yes, I feel confident that my penis will work in any given situation. I never think about it anymore. " I think thats what we are all looking to find on these forums

It depends on the person but I’m confident my penis will work in any situation at this point but I’m still experiencing numbness,pleasureless orgasm, and intense fatigue and brain fog. Can still get and maintain an erection regardless of these sides though when a few years back it was pretty hard to maintain one.

That’s good, it’s my understanding that mental issues commonly improve with time while sexual ones are slower to respond. I’d imagine your brain fog and so on could well see improvement.

2 Likes

Dang man, pleasureless orgasm? That has to be weird. Its crazy how we have different side effects like that. My only real problem is erectile dysfunction and loss of sensitivity. But its so annoying. It has been about a year now since this happened. I used to be extremely sexual… like need to leave work sometimes because it was so distracting.

Yeah man it’s definitely my most depressing side effect, the brain fog at least shows improvements here and there. To be fair it’s not 100% pleasureless but it feels nothing like before fin. I’d say like 5-15% compared to 100% before the drug. Sensitivity also comes and goes. Really scared that I’ll never improve, although I’ve never tried any prescription medications or pelvic floor therapy so those are my last hopes.

i really hope so :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some people don’t learn man

Check out my post on my program that is working for me. I also took Saw palmetto.

1 Like

@rotrichrich how are you doing buddy?