SAMe supplement is good or bad?

Hello,
I am thinking to try the supplement “SAMe”.
I don’t know if it helps or make worse.
Anyone tried this?

1 Like

A quick search here and you will get that either it doesnt make difference or it might make you worse…
I would stay away from it, unless you dont care anymore and just want to try stuff…
BTW 5 years since you are on the forums and thats your first post?
How have you been all these years?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I will stay away from it.
These years I got some improvements but is still far away to be 100%.
I believe I am 70%.

1 Like

which symptoms do you still have?

1 Like

I have low libido, erection about 70% but enough to have sex, memory and sleep problems.

70% of erection not be enough to have sex? Are you sure?

I mean, did you actually try or you are just scared and didn’t even give it a shot?

I don’t know the exactly how many per cent but my erection is enough to have sex. Maybe 90%. I don’t know but I am not the same after this propecia.

I didn’t try the same yet. That’s right I am asking here if someone has tried.

I was talking about sex. I mean, did you try to have sex after Fin or are you just assuming it’s not enough?

I am married since 2014. I have doing sex for the last 7 years but the quality is not the same before propecia.

Oh, so you can have sex. Ok, I got it.

About the supplement, I never tried SAMe and I don’t remeber now any report aside from the @Dubya_B negative story linked above.

If you want to try something that’s virtually side-free (meaning, there are virtually no negative stories associated), you could try probiotics.

1 Like

I took several different amino acids and SaME at the same time for 64 days straight following the recommendations of a urine neurotransmitter test. During the course of the 64 days my horrible constipation was practically completely cured and my sexual sides remained the same. On the 64th day exactly I stopped sleeping and immediately discontinued everything. I stayed up for 8 days and lost ten pounds of muscle. After the 8 days of total insomnia I could sleep for about 45 min at a time if I was lucky. It remained this way for the entire month of December 2020 and January 2021. I took sixteen one MG Xanax tablets over the course of the two months because it was the only thing that allowed me to sleep for more then 45 min. I was very careful how I used the Xanax because I’m very anti pharmaceuticals. I just had no choice because it’s the only thing that gave me relief and I was suffering. Eventually glycine started working again and by February 2021 I was sleeping 5 hrs at a time. I’m currently almost back to regular PFS level baseline with sleep and overall 70 percent recovered specifically in sleep. I have also isolated exactly which amino’s of the bunch cured my constipation and I’m currently taking them. I can say this recent insomnia relapse was worth it because it resulted in me finding my constipation cure and taught me that my PFS involves neurotransmitter imbalance.

My opinion I would avoid SaME. I speculate that out of all the things I was taking it was the SaME that was responsible for my relapse insomnia. I come to this conclusion based off of the fact that it was SaME that did the same to Dubya_B

Interestingly SaME is a co factor involved in the biosynthesis of epinephrine which was recently found to be lowered by Fin in Melcangi‘a recent study

Maybe the best thing to do is for us to try to figure out why SaME has done the same thing to two different people after taking it in a PFS state. I believe the answer lies in neurotransmitters and neurosteriods

I’m also highish in urine Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol two positive allosteric modulators of the GABA receptors. Melchangi found both of these neurosteriods to be low in the spinal fluid of PFS patients in 2013.

Two others on another forum are testing their urine Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol to see if they can replicate my results . They have their test kits. We should have their results in about 2-3 weeks. Users @Ronnie99 and thisisarealbummer on this forum are high in these values in their urine. We will finally have two more results from two more people. One Saw P-PFS guy and one fin PFS guy. I will share the results on this forum as well and if I keep seeing high Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol in the urine I intend on emailing this information to Melchangi asking him if he could use it to do another study. With the focus on why Allopregnanolone and 3a-diol are low in the CNS of PFS patients but high in the urine in PFS patients. You would think that if we are low in the CNS of these two things then they shouldn’t be high in the urine. Especially if the same unusual findings are not seen in the control groups spinal fluid and urine

Lastly, my low saliva pregnenolone sulfate. I’m the only PFS person in history to the best of my knowledge and belief to ever have this tested. I’m flagged low in it. It’s a GABA receptor antagonist and NMDA receptor agonist. I think that this needs to be explored further because it may be additional evidence of a GABA/NMDA receptor imbalance.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t try it
My opinion

2 Likes

How are your cognitive and physical symptoms, they improved with time?

1 Like

Yes. I got some improvements.

Hey brother, hope you been well.I havent been here for a while but I think your definately into something…good stuff with the amino acids…stay away from SaMe…which amino acids releived your constipation as I get that aswell? Regarding testing…i will be testing next week again the allopregenenlone tests that we previously discussed and will post results when they come in…as least we can see if there is a definate pattern, especially with the other couple guys who are doing it and im also adding the Cytokine panel which is very important as it shows the level of inflammation and the bio markers are the interlukins…have you tried low dose Progesterone ?

2 Likes

Thanks for your message.
I have already tried progesterone but didn’t feel anything.

how much glycine to use for sleep . i saw negatives comments about creatine and what do you think about glycine upregulation of 5ar

2 Likes

I get benefits in sleep from glycine. But I don’t contribute it to glycine having anything to do with 5AR. I contribute it to glycine being an inhibitory neurotransmitter and I believe that I suffer from a neurotransmitter imbalance

2 Likes