Sage Therapeutics Announces FDA Advisory Committee Votes 17-1 in Support of Benefit-Risk Profile of ZULRESSO (brexanolone) Injection for Treatment of Postpartum Depression

Hmmm, however, this has to be given in a hospital setting over 60 hours. Zulresso is approved as a PPD drug - not suer which doctor would do this. Do you perhaps have a link?

Just keep in mind that the treatment cost 35 grand

1 Like

It’s a lot of money but I wonder will anyone with PFS try it ?

I hope they’d be more inclined to fund an entire scientific study than potentially throw 35k away.

2 Likes

do this drug helps with regulating the neurosteroids ?

The drug is synthetic allopregnanolone, a major neurosteroid.

Any news guys?

I just dont get it, why noone with severe brainfog, or anxiey, or Insomnia will not try allopregnanolon now. I mean it is avaiable for research with more than 98% purity, and yes its a bit expensive (I got an offer from a chemical company that would give me 2 g for 1500 euros). That means 2 months supply assuming one will use 30mg daily (Same dosis as the phase II depression study). I would have tried it myself, but my sides are mainly sexual, and i dont think allopregnanolon will help with that

Probably because a lot of members crash with simple things like vitamin D, so I don’t think anyone wants to rush out and take research chemicals

1 Like