Sage Clinical Trials... Baylor.. etc

Has anyone contacted Sage about getting into one of their clinical trials. It appears they have trials for insomnia that they are running.

Has anyone from Baylor done any work with Sage in regards to PFS? Maybe somehow incorporate the Baylor research with the clinical trials at Sage?

A few years ago Sage contacted the Foundation about starting a trial for PFS. If it wasnt them it was another Pharm that runs allopreg. I think almost every decision going forward will be based off the Baylor publication so everything is on hold till them.

Thats the first I’ve heard of that. Why would the foundation put a Biotech company on hold and wait 5 years for a college to write a paper. That seems insane. I have this feeling that the foundation is holding the results and waiting for Sage217 to become available to somehow transition the focus of future of treatments / research on Sage217.

Hi @Shellnyce, no - there is no overlap between the focus of investigation in this study and allopregnanolone.

That is not the case either regarding holding results. Keep in mind most of the hype about this is just forum speculation. Sage is considered of interest by some as a potential aid in depression and insomnia for patients. This is based on the finding of (heterogeneously) low allopregnanalone - amongst several other findings suggestive of steroidogenic disruption - in the CFS of PFS patients in a couple of studies. Sage 217, as an analogue being trialled in depression, is not a plausible disease-modifying factor in this condition as a whole. It would be nice if it could help, of course.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response @axolotl . It would be encouraging to see a Biotech or big Pharma company get involved considering they would have much more resources. Has the foundation ever tried to pitch that idea to any large companies. Seems like a large cross section of PFS people have MDD so pitching a trial to Sage which might also show relief of other symptoms would give them the potential to cross market drugs in their pipeline.

Myself, and at least one other, post-Accutane patient with MDD has applied for the clinical trial. They never responded to me and the travel time and expense expected of the other post-tane patient was exhaustive. Too much trouble she said, to have a 50/50 chance of a placebo. I agree.

There might be others on this forum who accepted, and the drug is slated to be on the market around a year from now, so it will probably not be very long before we find out what this drug can/can’t do for us.

1 Like

How is the drug administered and how long does it last in your system. It seems like you would need to go get the shot every few weeks to get the benefits.

I applied for their clinical trial and someone reached out saying that their testing site is too far from where I live but that they would forward my info to another testing site closer that would contact me. Never heard anything back

Where is their testing site? Boston?

Is there a new updated timeline for the Baylor release ( I participated and know nothing )

No they have many testing sites in the us. The testing site they referred me to was a 4 hour drive and they said I’d have to go in twice a week to report so it wouldn’t be doable

1 Like

So you were going to be getting treated for depression or was it insomnia?

Depression study

Has anyone here been able to get their hands on oral Zuranolone ?

1 Like