Saddling up for life alone

@orthogs whats your thoughts on a fecal implant. I tried bupropion recently and it didn’t help unfortunately. Im running out of steam.

1 Like

I don’t know, I really don’t. Everything seems to hold such risk with us. I really don’t have an opinion one way or the other, sorry.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I know you sent me it previously but cant find it, which probiotic did you recommend? Cheers

l reuteri

Thank you for writing in, my friend.
I wanted to wait until I could really answer you appropriately.

Believe me…I understand and feel everything you said. I’m sure we all do.

That’s why I made the thread. To discuss strategies and other interventions that could make us happier as we get older.

I in part agree with you that it would be difficult to be happy alone BUT how do you know you definitely be happy with a family. We all think we’d be but what about worrying about your kids constantly. What if something happens to them or your wife. What if your wife becomes unfaithful.
I’m not trying to be negative I’m just trying to illustrate that family doesn’t automatically equate to happiness. ANYTHING can happen. Good or Bad.

And this is coming from someone who is very pro family and traditional values but of course here were are in our situation.
Coping and progressing is why I started this here. So we can lean on each other and help each other.

I agree a purpose is crucial to moving forward for sure. And yes, someone to love would be a beautiful thing. I wouldn’t write it off completely because if you work hard enough and put yourself out there enough you just don’t know what might happen.

I understand pushing everyone away as I’ve done the same
Maybe you need new ppl like I do. People that will understand
I’m not sure as everyone is different in their situations and mindset.
Much of the time I feel like moving to a different part of the country but I get pessimistic and doubt myself when for all I know it might be exactly what I need

1 Like

Oh, I don’t.

And I’m well aware that the majority of the people are sad. Married and single.

But, there’s a difference between sad and miserable. And there’s a huge difference between being sad alone, and sad with someone next to you.

I consider this to be bad sign. Sorry if I come across too hard, but at least in my experience when people “need” to move to a different place they are just trying to distance themselves from a problem.

Unless, of course, there’s something wrong with the place you live in at the moment.

Well, I don’t know what to say. Personally, I don’t care at the moment about future, because I dont’ see myself sticking around in this state.

There is such a thing as too much pain. And I don’t how miserable I man can be to reach the point where he wishes he could trade his condition with a good portion of the disease people hope never to get sick with.

So, after I’ve done everything I can do … I’ll ask myself if what I have is enough. If I don’t, at least I’ll know I have tried everything before checking out.

Pain.

2 Likes

Well at first I wanted to leave because my ideals and values really don’t align with NY
I want something more traditional and conservative for myself so I figured surrounding myself with ppl who think like wise would be a better idea

I believe my life has gone stale up here in NY
And a change of scenery might just be the thing
New ppl, new seen. New job hopefully
I Could be completely wrong of course

But it’s certainly on the table for sure
Even if it’s temporary
Who knows…anything is possible

Lol, when I daydreamed about going elsewhere, I’d always fantasize about NY.

And I come from Italy, a much more traditional and conservative place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ay I’m Italian too :+1:t2:

I’m over NY politics, noise and just everything

I’m looking for the opposite
We will see