Sad that I'm never going to get better

Please guys we need a study which compares users that take or have taken finasteride in the past but don’t have ED and other symptoms! It should give us a clue of what we have different than them, or at least I hope so! And organizing donations for specific researches would be good, not just general donations without knowing where money is going, I’m sure we would all donate more for specific cause and specific researches we believe can be helpful

2 Likes

How are you doing now, man?
I feel that’s just too hard for me to accept the fact I’m not going to recover any time soon.

2 Likes

Not good at all.

I always get nauseous, weak, panicky (to some extent, sometimes a lot, other times a little bit) after I eat something. Anything. As long as it’s a moderate amount, it happens to me. idk whats going on. doesnt matter if its gluten free, lactose free.

still have a lot of symptoms for years like frequent urination, digestion issues (this one somewhat alleviates with mitochondrial supplement, regenerlife).

im stupid these days. poor short term memory, depression, worsening anxiety, spontaneous panicky feeling. peyronies disease, bulging discs in low right back that have a constant ache, exercise intolerance. i get winded easily despite trying to exercise and eat healthy.

it feels like my body’s muscles are deteriorating. this could be why i have nausea after eating. maybe my body is too weak to properly process food? so it freaks out (understandably) because now it has a bunch of work to do (digest food) and it knows it’s not strong enough to do it (or barely strong enough). keep in mind that the heart is a muscle, so it could be affected too.

i believe I will be dead within 5 years, and it could even happen tomorrow. im just one “attack” or “spell” away from passing out and perhaps going into cardiac arrest. i have had many times this year where I honestly thought i was having a heart attack as I felt i had just run a marathon and was sweating, pale, tight heavy chest, very nauseous, very weak. yet the fucking doctors here say "monitor it. " im seeing my doctor in a couple of weeks and will try to get my back checked out, my heart checked out, more xanax (I have absolutely no issues with this drug, its a great drug for me), and a covid vaccine exemption.

thanks for asking. i wish i had good news for you, but unfortunately i seem to be one of the unlucky few who continues to deteriorate and will probably succumb to this disease. and i bet they wont even do an autopsy on me here cause it’s “too expensive”, “he died from natural causes.” lmao canada is such a joke of a country. anyways ill stop rambling for now.

statistically speaking you’ll probably recover to some degree as most members here seem to recover somewhat. hang in there.

5 Likes

Just awful man I’m in the same sinking boat.

Speaking of the exemption i couldn’t get one even tho my Dr acknowledged I have terrible reactions. However she couldn’t even write one if she wanted. In order for that you have to meet a strict criteria

1. you get dose 1 and you have such a bad reaction that you almost die. Then you get exempt from the 2nd which defeats the purpose

2. an allergist has to prove you have an allergy to an ingredient. Only they can exemption you.

If you don’t fit into those 2 catagories you don’t get an exemption. they made it nearly impossible.

My mother father grandmother and girlfriend and friends who are all vaxed don’t think i should get it but people who don’t even know you will tell you you’re scum. It’s really fucked here in Ontario. I’m already so ill so it’s not like I was doing much anyway but the level of animosity towards people who can’t and shouldn’t get vaxed (im not talking about nutter anti vax) is really troubling. There’s zero compromise or compassion.

Wish you luck in getting it none the less and I wish for you to get some relief from this hell

2 Likes

Well that’s shitty about the exemption but I can’t say I’m surprised. I was assuming my doctor would dismiss me, but we’ll see. I was going to bring studies about young men with heart problems after being vaccinated and tell him (yet again) about my possible (likely imo) heart issues, and then ask for a Covid exemption. idk why vaccines are required given that Covid is no where near deadly. it’s almost like there’s a conspiracy or something.

Thank you for the kind words. I sincerely hope we all get better, but sadly I think some of us are doomed from this. I think people like me have damaged dna and are slowly deteriorating, like that Japanese man who got a blast of radiation in the late 1990s and died a month later, only on a longer time period.

2 Likes

While it is highly likely that finasteride has caused epigenetic changes, that is not nearly as drastic as acute close proximity high radiation exposure, where your entire cellular structure is decomposed and chromosomes can literally be cut into pieces. As much as I love watching shows and reading about nuclear disasters… Even with my limited understanding of biochemical processes and medical knowledge I can tell you that the comparison is overly dramatic (if not a little absurd) and you really don’t need to worry about something like that.

From what I understand, an epigenetic change is more like a ‘state change’ and it’s still likely that this change can somehow be reverted.

But I don’t want to delve into theorizing any more than this.

The bottom line of my comment is that you shouldn’t worry so much as to concoct such fantastical horror scenarios, (even if they’re just metaphors). I understand this condition is awful and I’ve also had periods where things seemed only to be getting worse, but it’s likely that your situation can fluctuate and improve over time.

There’s no point in making it worse for yourself by giving yourself these ideas. You’re not melting.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. I knpw what you feel.
You should definitely check your back and heart. It might actually be not so bad as it seems. I’ve had various symptoms which made me think of different diseases I developed after the beginning of my PAS. But each time I checked it, there was nothing, even if I experienced pain before.

“maybe my body is too weak to properly process food?” – your words reminded me of one guy (suffering from PAS, severe digestive and sexual issues) who had a theory that his sexual sides are actually because of his poor body condition. Like his organism is too weak to maintain the reproductive function. I don’t think it’s true, cause I have the same sexual sides but other than that my body feels more-or-less fine. I did recover from many problems, but the sexual issues are still there.

So I believe it’s more like some kind of dysregulation in the body, than actual tissue damage. And if that’s true we all have a chance to fully recover.
I wish you all the best. Do your best to check you medical condition and take care.

1 Like

Tbh the idea of this shit inducing some epigenetic changes that could be permanent is scary on its own.

Btw human body sometimes can demonstrate some really incredible recovery abilities. There was a case when a man survived radiation accident when a high energy proton beam passed through his brain.

Yes I know it’s not exactly the most relieving prospect…
But I agree, the human body can do some amazing things. Perhaps not as impressive as the regeneration of certain sea creatures and axolotls and animals like that… but still.

I think a lot of patients can attest to at least brief moments of recovery or symptom improvement. I certainly know I have had better days, even a few where I felt almost pre-fin. That alone makes me believe in the possibility of turning this whole thing around.

3 Likes

Well, I myself experienced almost full recovery this summer. I wish it lasted more than just two weeks. That makes me think there must be some sort of switch that can bring you to normal state.

1 Like

did you happen to be getting a lot of sun?

this summer i also experienced a lot of lessening of symptoms. it’s almost like the body isn’t absorbing certain vitamins and stuff, i kind of connected this to the amount of sun i was getting throughout the summer, along with a pretty strict diet. it was so strange to feel anger again. i feel like if this continue, i would’ve broken into good emotions

I also had the best moments during the summer. Just when summer was starting to fade away (August), I had new symptoms appear.

hmmm interesting. this summer my brain fog completely went away. and never came back, not sure if this is due to the diet, or sunlight. also my vision got a bit better, i had intense double vision, sometimes very blurry. at this point in time my vision is crystal clear, however i think this is a result of FMT

1 Like

What is FMT?

I’m not sure if the Sun had much to do with my recovery compared to just time itself. I crashed mid March 2021 and started to get major improvements around month 4-5. Those more or less stuck. My only symptom is genital numbness and ejaculatory force. The second I’m not caring so much about.

fecal matter transplant. it’s so weird the vast differences in symptoms people get. my symptoms are anhedonia, sexual anhedonia, and emotional numbness, along with a bunch of other things that i probably don’t even notice

1 Like

That is an interesting procedure… learning something new everyday :joy:.

Yeah it’s really astonishing what symptoms people on here have. Some of them are a little hard to believe (as in it’s probably something else causing it), in my honest opinion.

I initially thought I had anhedonia and emotional numbness as well. Luckily those were just products of severe depression and anxiety. Those two symptoms are really, really hard to tackle since mental health is almost everything when dealing with this problem.

I’m glad those symptoms have improved drastically for you. Let’s hope for the best that it remains permanently fixed now.

yeah its hard to parse all of the symptoms. some i know are from fin, as they set in the next day. but others started years later. who really knows if fin caused it, or anxiety and depression, or something else entirely.

yeah i should stop making that comparison. it came to me as some sort of pseudo-epiphany this summer when i watched a documentary about it. i remember the fear i felt when i thought that maybe we’re going through the same thing but more drawn out. that emotion i initially felt has stuck with me, it’s very poignant as well. but its clearly not scientific at all, just a scary comparison.

It’s alright! Sometimes I forget that posts come from an emotional place and I lose track of which posts are genuinely crazy theories and which are just conjectures/expressions and just trying to frame the experience of this vague condition. I don’t mean to scold people or whatever for feeling a certain way about things so I hope I didn’t come across as too blunt.

In any case, I saw a YT video about the exact same incident you mentioned not long after I watched the HBO Chernobyl miniseries a while back. It’s very (morbidly) interesting to see how they meticulously kept track of his condition and how the man just basically structurally disintegrated. Crazy.

2 Likes

In fact, I did. Although I don’t think that was the reason.